Acrobat offers some specific commands for working with a portfolio PDF file. Here are a few of those commands:
- From the Home mode, click Modify on the Portfolio toolbar and choose Secure Portfolio from the pop-up menu (or choose File > Modify PDF Portfolio > Secure Portfolio on the program menu) to specify restrictions and set a password.
- From the Home mode, choose File > Export > Export Multiple Files to extract the component files of your portfolio in a selected file format. In the Export Multiple Files dialog box, click Add Files > Add Open Files to specify the portfolio, and click OK. In the Output Options dialog box, select a target folder, specify a naming system, and choose an export format. Click OK to process the files.
- From any viewing mode, choose File > Portfolio Properties to open the Document Properties dialog box, where you can add descriptions, specify security, and so on.
- From any viewing mode, select an imported movie file and choose Modify > Convert to Flash Movie to change the file's format.
Sometimes a portfolio can become very large, and it's not always easy to keep track of your content. Fortunately, Acrobat offers a customized search feature that lets you search everything in your portfolio, including the information listed in Details mode, and in non-PDF files. To search the files in a portfolio, follow these steps:
- Type the terms in the Search field and click Search (see Figure 1).
- Review the returns shown in the Search Results dialog box (see Figure 2).
- Click a return to read the file's details. If you're in Details mode, the file is highlighted in the list; if you're in Preview mode, the result is highlighted on the page, as shown in Figure 2.
- Click Previous or Next to review the results.
- Close the Search Results pane when you're finished.
Figure 1 Use the Search button to search the portfolio's contents. The Previous and Next buttons let you flip through the results quickly.
Figure 2 Search returns are listed and highlighted in the portfolio's files.