- The Preflight panel reports errors when something in the layout does not match the selected preflight profile. For example, if the preflight profile specifies CMYK output and you import an RGB graphic, an error is reported. Preflight errors are also listed in the lower-left corner of the document window.
- You create text frames with the Type tool and thread text frames with the Selection tool.
- A red plus sign in the lower-left corner of a text frame indicates overset text.
- The Position tool, hidden under the Direct Selection tool, allows you to work with graphics or text.
- The Control panel provides options for modifying the current selection: characters, paragraphs, graphics, frames, tables, and more.