Creating a Flash Catalyst document
You’ll create a new Flash Catalyst document. This will be the foundation for the design and interactivity that you’ll add later.
- In the Flash Catalyst welcome screen, click Adobe Flash Catalyst Project. If you don't see the welcome screen, choose Welcome.
- Name the project Banner. For the width enter 955, for the height enter 310, and then click OK. The new blank document appears, and the document that was previously open is closed.
- To see the entire content of the artboard in the document window, choose View > Fit Artboard In Window.
- At the top of the workspace, in the application bar to the left of the search field, click the Design menu and choose Code.
- Switch from Code workspace back to Design workspace.
- Choose File > Save As, and save the document under the name Banner in your Lesson04 folder.
Design and Code are the two document workspaces in Flash Catalyst. As you work, Flash Catalyst creates code in the background so that a web developer can build upon your work using Flash Builder. You can see that Flash Catalyst has already generated code for the new blank document. You can’t edit the code in Flash Catalyst; you’ll be working in Design workspace during this lesson.