In this lesson, you’ll get acquainted with the Mixer Brush as well as the brush tip and bristle options available in Photoshop CS5. Start by taking a look at the final project you’ll create.
- Start Adobe Photoshop, holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) to restore the default preferences. (See “Restoring default preferences” on page 5.)
- When prompted, click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file.
- Click the Launch Bridge button () in the Application bar to open Adobe Bridge.
- In Bridge, click Lessons in the Favorites panel. Double-click the Lesson11 folder in the Content panel.
- Preview the Lesson11 end files. You’ll use the palette image to explore brush options and learn to mix colors. You’ll then apply what you’ve learned to transform the landscape image into a watercolor.
- Double-click 11Palette_start.psd to open the file in Photoshop.
- Choose File > Save As, and name the file 11Palette_working.psd. Click OK if the Photoshop Format Options dialog box appears.