Setting document properties and metadata
You’re nearly done with this conference guide. To finish it off, you’ll set the initial view, which determines what people see when they first open the file, and add metadata to the document.
- Choose File > Properties.
- In the Document Properties dialog box, click the Initial View tab.
- From the Navigation Tab menu, choose Bookmarks Panel And Page. When the viewer opens the file, both the page and the bookmarks will be visible.
- In the Window Options area, choose Document Title from the Show menu.
With this option selected, the document title will appear in the document’s title bar instead of the filename.
- Select the Description tab.
The document’s author has already entered some metadata for the file, including some keywords. Metadata is information about the document itself, and you can use it to search for documents. You’ll add some more keywords.
- In the Keywords field, after the existing keywords, type ; map; vendors. Keywords must be separated by commas or semicolons.
- Click OK to accept changes in the Document Properties dialog box.
- Choose File > Save to save your work, and then close all open files and quit Acrobat.