The Layers feature is a powerful tool that helps you manage and organize objects on your page. Layers are transparent planes where you can create and store objects. With layers, you can control the stacking order of objects on your page, quickly moving objects up or down if the stacking order changes. You can also lock and hide layers to make complex objects easier to manage.
In this lesson, you will create a Web page and use layers to control the placement of objects on the page.
What You Will Learn
In this lesson, you will:
- Examine the Layers panel
- Add and name your layers
- Use the Property inspector for precise positioning and sizing of objects
- Rename and lock a layer
- Show and hide a layer
- Use the Auto Shape Rounded Rectangle tool
- Add a texture and a drop shadow
- Change the stacking order of a layer
- Use single-layer editing
- Use the default fill and stroke colors
- Align objects