Modifying Fill Colors
Flash provides two methods for modifying the color of an existing fill. You can use the paint-bucket tool to apply the current fill settings to an unselected fill shape, or you can select the fill shape on the Stage and then choose a new fill color via the fill-color box in the Color Mixer panel, the Toolbar, or the Property Inspector.
To change fill color with the paint-bucket tool and Color Mixer panel:
- In the Toolbar, select the paint-bucket tool, or press K.
Modifiers for fills appear in the Options section of the Toolbar (
Figure 3.75 The paint-bucket tool lets you modify fills without first selecting them.
- In the Color Mixer panel, set the following attributes:
- From the Fill Style menu, choose Solid.
- Click the fill-color box, and choose a new color from the swatch set.
- Click the paint bucket's hot spot (the tip of the drip of paint) somewhere inside the fill you want to change.
The shape fills with the new color (
Figure 3.76 Clicking a fill with the paint bucket applies whatever color is selected in the fill-color box. Use this technique to change existing unselected fills.
To modify selected fills with the Color Mixer panel:
- Using the selection tool, select one or more fills on the Stage.
- In the Color Mixer panel, click the fill-color box, and choose a new color from the swatch set.
Flash changes all selected fills to whatever color you chose in the Color Mixer panel (
Figure 3.77 Select one or more fills for modification (top). Choose a new color from the Color Mixer panel's fill-color box (middle). Flash changes the color of all the fills in your selection (bottom).