Repositioning Elements Numerically
Flash allows you to reposition a selection numerically by specifying a precise Stage location in x and y coordinates. You can enter the x and y coordinates in either the Shape Property Inspector or the Info panel.
To reposition an element via the Shape Property Inspector:
- With the Property Inspector open, on the Stage, select an element.
The coordinates for the element's current position appear in the x and y fields of the Shape Property Inspector (
Figure 3.18 With a shape selected on the Stage, the Property Inspector reveals attributes of that shape, including the x and y coordinates of the shape's bounding box. This element is located 1 inch to the right along the horizontal axis and 3 inches down the vertical axis.
- To position the element, do one, or both, of the following:
- Enter a new x coordinate for the element's position along the horizontal axis.
- Enter a new y coordinate for the element's position along the vertical axis.
- Press Enter to confirm the last coordinate value you entered.
Whenever you tab to or click another field, or press Enter, Flash confirms your change and the element moves to its new position (
Figure 3.19 Changing the x and y coordinates in the Shape Property Inspector changes the location of the selected element. This arrow is now located 2 inches to the right along the horizontal axis and 3.25 inches down the vertical axis.