- Martin Evening on Applying Localized Blurring with Negative Sharpening in Photoshop Lightroom 5
- May 19, 2014
- There are a number of examples of where a negative sharpening effect might come in handy. In this excerpt from The Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 5 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers, Martin Evening shows you how to apply this technique in Photoshop Lightroom 5.
- Using Qualitative Research to Inform a Customer-Centric Design
- Apr 23, 2014
- This chapter from Refining Design for Business: Using analytics, marketing, and technology to inform customer-centric design discusses several types of qualitative research and shows how they can be used to generate test ideas while providing insights that will help guide the business in an evolving marketplace.
- Sidestepping the Banana Skins: How to Avoid Common Type Mistakes in InDesign
- Apr 16, 2014
- Don't make yourself easy prey for the type pedants out there who will mock you for using an opening quote mark instead of an apostrophe. While rules are made to be broken, Nigel French, author of InDesign Type: Professional Typography with Adobe InDesign, 3rd Edition, offers ten rules of InDesign type that should (almost) never be broken.
- Working with Leading in Adobe InDesign
- Mar 10, 2014
- Nigel French discusses leading—the space between lines of type— in this excerpt from InDesign Type: Professional Typography with Adobe InDesign, 3rd Edition. Nigel talks about how much is enough, screen leading, auto leading, and consistency.
- Professional Audio Techniques for Adobe Premiere Pro
- Feb 26, 2014
- This chapter will help you start to generate great audio in your program. Because you don’t always get to work with perfect audio, this chapter also features a section on how to fix common audio problems using Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition CC. From setting up your working environment to adjusting levels to adding effects, you’ll work with audio just like the pros do.
- Photoshop CC Update: Linked Smart Objects
- Feb 21, 2014
- Photoshop educator Dan Moughamian brings you up to date on another new feature that’s part of the Photoshop 14.2 update, available to Creative Cloud subscribers. Smart Objects have always been a valuable part of the Photoshop workflow, whether you're a graphic artist or photographer. However, (embedded) Smart Objects can have a downside in that they can substantially increase the file size of your documents. Dan shows you how Smart Objects just got smarter, allowing images to be linked to one another rather than being embedded, providing several advantages.
- Photoshop CC Update: Perspective Warp
- Feb 7, 2014
- Photoshop instructor Dan Moughamian walks you through the Perspective Warp command, the latest addition to Photoshop's arsenal of image transformation tools. Rather than being focused solely on image correction tasks (such as straightening lines), Perspective Warp also allows you to make subtle changes to the camera's viewpoint. This innovation, as well as other new features and JDI enhancements, are available as part of the Photoshop 14.2 update on Creative Cloud.
- Top 10 New Features in Adobe Illustrator CC 17.1 (January 2014)
- Feb 5, 2014
- Brian Wood, contributor to Adobe Illustrator CC Classroom in a Book, loves the handy new (and often long-awaited) features in Illustrator Creative Cloud (CC).
- Real World Print Production with Adobe Creative Cloud: Preparing Raster Images
- Jan 28, 2014
- Claudia McCue tells you everything you need to know to prepare raster images, including imaging software, resolution, scanning, cropping, and appropriate image formats for print.
- Calling All Typomaniacs: An Interview with Erik Spiekermann on Typography, Helvetica, and Design Manifestos
Peachpit Press, Erik Spiekermann
- Jan 8, 2014
- Erik Spiekermann patiently answers our questions on Helvetica, bicycles, his favorite typeface, the third edition of Stop Stealing Sheep, the TYPO Conference, design manifestos, not doing pitches, and the asshole rule.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 Image Editing Basics
. Adobe Creative Team
- Dec 31, 2013
- This lesson begins with an overview of the core concepts behind image correction, and then introduces a range of quick and easy techniques to help you get more from your photos in just a few clicks.
- Digital Asset Management in Adobe Experience Manager
- Dec 16, 2013
- Learn how Adobe's Digial Asset Management system will increase the overall value of AEM by simplifying integration of rich media into your web experience.
- Adobe LiveCycle Designer: Working with PDF and Acrobat
J. P. Terry
- Dec 5, 2013
- Learn how to create these various types of PDFs and understand how and why to use each one.
- Exciting Updates to Flash Professional CC
- Dec 4, 2013
- Experienced instructor and Flash Platform expert Joseph Labrecque presents an introduction to much of what is new in Flash Professional CC; namely, the introduction of native HTML5 Canvas.
- Organizing Your Content in Adobe Premiere Elements 12
. Adobe Creative Team
- Nov 21, 2013
- Fast and efficient movie production requires organization before and during the edit. When you’re working with content from multiple sources and dates, Adobe Organizer is a very powerful tool for categorizing content and quickly finding video, audio clips, and pictures to use in your projects.
- Responsive Design with Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Edge Reflow CC (Preview)
- Nov 18, 2013
- Ever since responsive design came into being, designers and developers have been faced with workflow challenges. Do you design several iterations (mobile, tablet, desktop) in a program like Photoshop and hope an explanation of interactivity will suffice, or do you design “in-browser,” or a combination? Adobe expert Brian Wood shows how by using Edge Reflow CC and Photoshop CC, a designer can create a working mockup that will give the client an idea of what the finished responsive design will look like.
- Responsive Design in Adobe Dreamweaver CC
- Oct 23, 2013
- Follow along with Adobe expert Brian Wood’s tutorial, and soon you'll be creating your responsive designs in Dreamweaver CC.
- 3D Photoshop: Inflating Objects from Photographs
- Oct 3, 2013
- Learn how to model 3D objects directly from photographs, using Photoshop’s inflation tool.
- Using Fonts with Adobe Creative Cloud
. Adobe Creative Team
- Sep 24, 2013
- This lesson covers which font formats are best for print and web projects, how to choose appropriate font types in various Creative Cloud applications, and how to use TypeKit fonts.
- How to Optimize Projects in Adobe After Effects CC
- Sep 4, 2013
- This chapter from Adobe After Effects CC Visual Effects and Compositing Studio Techniques examines in close detail how image data flows through an After Effects project. It’s full of the information you need to help you make the most of After Effects.