Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Adobe Flex 4: Training from the Source, Volume 1
- Your Price: $31.99
- List Price: $39.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2010
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-321-77022-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-77022-6
Adobe Flex: Training from the Source is the best-selling and most trusted resource for learning about Adobe Flex. Written by a team of authors with practical experience as consultants, mentors and developers of courseware, this book/CD uses project-based tutorials, and is designed to teach beginning Flex developers the details of building and architecting real-world rich internet applications using Flash Builder incorporating MXML and ActionScript 3.0. The book includes a CD that contains all the files used in the lessons, plus completed projects for comparison. This latest edition includes complete coverage of New Flex 4 features such as the Spark Component model, Advanced Skinning, Component Creation, and much more.
All of Peachpit's eBooks contain the same content as the print edition. You will find a link in the last few pages of your eBook that directs you to the media files.
- If you are able to search the book, search for "Where are the lesson files?"
- Go to the very last page of the book and scroll backwards.
- You will need a web-enabled device or computer in order to access the media files that accompany this ebook. Entering the URL supplied into a computer with web access will allow you to get to the files.
- Depending on your device, it is possible that your display settings will cut off part of the URL. To make sure this is not the case, try reducing your font size and turning your device to a landscape view. This should cause the full URL to appear.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - Understanding Rich Internet Applications
Chapter 2 - Getting Started
Chapter 3 - Laying Out the Interface
Chapter 4 - Using Simple Controls
Chapter 5 - Handling Events
Chapter 6 - Using Remote XML Data with Controls
Chapter 7 - Creating Classes and Managing Collections
Chapter 8 - DataBinding and Collections
Chapter 9 - Breaking the Application into Components
Chapter 10 - Using Lists and DataGroups
Chapter 11 - Creating Event Classes
Chapter 12 - Using DataGrids and ItemRenderers
Chapter 13 - Using Drag and Drop
Chapter 14 - Implementing Navigation
Chapter 15 - Using Formatters and Validators
Chapter 16 - Customizing the Look and Feel of a Flex Application with Styles
Chapter 17 - Customizing the Look and Feel of a Flex Application with Skins
Chapter 18 - Creating Custom Components
Appendix - Setup
Other Things You Might Like
- Adobe Flex 4.5 Fundamentals: Training from the Source
- eBook (Watermarked) $31.99
- Adobe Flash Builder 4: Learn by Video
- Online Video $59.99
- Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 Classroom in a Book
- eBook (Watermarked) $35.19