Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Adobe InDesign CS3 Classroom in a Book
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Your Price: $35.19
- List Price: $43.99
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2007
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 488
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-321-50950-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-50950-5
This thorough, self-paced guide to Adobe InDesign CS3 is ideal for beginning users who want to master the key features of this program, while readers who already have some experience with InDesign can use this book to familiarize themselves with InDesign CS3's newest features. Using step-by-step, project-based lessons, each chapter contains a project that builds upon the reader's growing knowledge of the program, while review questions at the end of each chapter reinforce the most important skills learned in each lesson. The companion CD contains all the assets readers will need to work through each project in the book. Adobe InDesign CS3, Adobe's page layout and design software, has been updated to accelerate user productivity with loads of new features: new Photoshop effects--including gradient feathering, inner shadows, and glows--that you can apply to objects on a page; finer transparency controls, which let you apply transparency settings independently to an object's fill, stroke, and content for more complex visual looks; numerous productivity enhancements; advanced find/change features; new table and cell styles; export to XHTML, and more.
Educational instructor notes—created to help teachers plan, organize, and time their lessons—are available for this book (and for other Classroom in a Book titles) at www.peachpit.com/instructorresources.
SPECIAL NOTE: Before starting the lessons in the book, visit www.peachpit.com/indesigncs3cib for important lesson and project file updates.
Table of Contents
What’s New in Adobe InDesign CS3
A Quick Tour of Adobe InDesign CS3
1. Getting to Know the Work Area
2. Setting Up Your Document
3. Working with Frames
4. Importing and Editing Text
5. Working with Typography
6. Working with Color
7. Working with Styles
8. Importing and Linking Graphics
9. Creating Tables
10. Working with Transparency
11. Working with Long Documents
12. Output and PDF Exporting
13. Using XML