Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Adobe InDesign CS4 Styles: How to Create Better, Faster Text and Layouts
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2009
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-321-63785-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-63785-7
Tap into the far-reaching potential of InDesign styles—from simple drop cap formatting to cross-media export to XHTML. Styles have the power to transform how design and production professionals approach and accomplish any project. Adopting a style-centric workflow can reduce tasks that would normally take days to mere hours, and tasks that would take hours to minutes or even seconds. Less time spent on repetitive tasks means more time for creating your best work.
This book explores every InDesign style to reveal its full potential. Throughout each chapter, you’ll pick up many tips and best practices gleaned from real-world experience. Two bonus chapters, “Stroke Styles” and “Project Planning with Styles in Mind” are available for download.
For “figure it out as I go” designers, embracing styles still allow you to work intuitively on the page. And this guide helps break preconceptions and bad habits transferred from less powerful page layout applications that keep new InDesign users from working in far more satisfying and productive ways.
Where InDesign is concerned, styles truly do equal substance.
Table of Contents
PART 1: TEXT STYLES
Chapter 1 The Fundamentals: Paragraph and Character Styles
Chapter 2 Nesting and Sequencing Styles
Chapter 3 Automatic Styling with GREP
Chapter 4 Auto-styling Imported Word and Excel Files
PART 2: STYLES BEYOND TEXT
Chapter 5 Object Styles
Chapter 6 Table and Cel Styles
PART 3: COMBINING STYLES WITH OTHER FEATURES
Chapter 7 Drop Caps, Bullets, and Numbering
Chapter 8 Advanced Find/Change with Styles
Chapter 9 Generating Dynamic Content with Styles
Chapter 10 Styles, CSS, and XML
Chapter 11 Style Management
BONUS ONLINE CHAPTERS:
CHAPTER 12 Stroke Styles
CHAPTER 13 Planning Projects with Styles in Mind
Other Things You Might Like
- Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques
- eBook (Watermarked) $38.39
- Adobe Illustrator CS5 Classroom in a Book
- Book $43.99
- Adobe InDesign CS5 Classroom in a Book
- Book $43.99