Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
InDesign Type: Professional Typography with Adobe InDesign CS2
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2006
- Dimensions: 7-1/2" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 280
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-321-45484-7
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-45484-3
It's no mystery why InDesign has become the premier page layout program: It offers great tools-not least among them its sophisticated typographic controls. Here to show you how to take advantage of them is the first book devoted solely to that topic. Whether you're a graphics pros migrating from InDesign's long-entrenched competitor QuarkXPress or a hobbyists producing fancy invites and book-length projects, you'll appreciate this guide's finely tuned focus on everything typographic. Realizing that to take full advantage of InDesign's typographic tools, you must understand the principles guiding their use, author Nigel French addresses both the whys and the hows of good typography. Using practical examples, and loads of tips, Nigel provides a comprehensive overview of all of InDesign's type features, including the Paragraph Composer, optical kerning, and its support for OpenType fonts. Starting with character formats and then moving through paragraph formats, styles and effects, and layouts, you'll have gained all the skills they need to produce beautiful type by the end of the volume.