Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 with ASP, ColdFusion, and PHP: Training from the Source
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2006
- Dimensions: 7" x 9"
- Pages: 528
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-321-50246-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-50246-9
Learn by doing! Follow along, step-by-step, as you upgrade a static HTML site that uses obsolete code to an XML standard-compliant, CSS-formatted dynamic site using Microsoft Active Server Pages (ASP), Macromedia ColdFusion, or the open source PHP. Create several integrated applications for a fictional travel tour operator, including a searchable listing for tour descriptions, country profiles, and a tour price calendar. In this official Macromedia guide, you’ll learn how to:
- Use a relational database—Microsoft Access or MySQL—as the driving force behind a site
- Use Dreamweaver’s built-in server behaviors and application objects to assist in the rapid development of dynamic Web applications
- Read and hand-code ASP VBScript, ColdFusion Markup Language, and PHP scripts well enough to understand how dynamic Web pages work, troubleshoot errors, and customize scripts
- Collect and manipulate user-entered data, performing calculations on the fly
- Use SQL to pass information between your pages and the database
- Validate forms using client-side and server-side scripts