Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Paperless: Real-World Solutions with Adobe Technology
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Your Price: $35.19
- List Price: $43.99
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Copyright 2010
- Dimensions: 7" x 9"
- Pages: 336
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-65887-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-65887-6
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-321-65933-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-65933-0
Streamline your organization by replacing paper documents with electronic solutions
Paperless is one part inspiration and two parts instruction. You will be inspired by real-world case studies as you meet people who have brought paperless change to their organizations. You will learn what worked and how you can apply these experiences to your own work. Meet lawyers, doctors, and business leaders who have transformed their operations with Adobe technology. Also, learn how city, state, and federal governments are saving money and providing better services with paperless solutions. The inspiration is just the beginning. The majority of this book is instruction on Adobe’s most important paperless technologies. Each section is full of hands-on demos that will show you how to get real business value from products you may already own. You will learn how to create and use digital signatures, certify PDFs, and integrate dynamic documents with your existing systems. This book explains all you need to know to be on your way to a paperless future.
• Read the stories of those who have created today’s leading-edge paperless solutions.
• Learn how the Federal Government uses certified PDFs and how New York State uses e-Forms to save millions of dollars.
• Find out how the Kane County court system takes advantage of PDF forms to protect abuse victims.
• See how one doctor is reducing Medicare costs by replacing expensive emergency room visits with paperless house calls.
• Follow in-depth lessons on Acrobat®, LiveCycle® Designer, LiveCycle® ES/ES2, and InDesign® Server.
• Download demos, source code, and sample files to use with the book’s exercises (www.paperlessbook.info).
“Using real-world examples, such as the ones in J.P. Terry’s Paperless, to illustrate how PDF can be used to move from paper to electronic processes is a simple-to-understand, yet very powerful learning tool for business and government alike.” — Lori DeFurio, Group Product Manager, Acrobat, Adobe Systems
“In Paperless, J.P. Terry weaves the business case and technical implementation into a complete story on how a variety of businesses have benefited from Adobe solutions. This book is an enjoyable read and a must-have reference for automating business processes.” — Jeff Stanier, Senior Product Manager, Adobe LiveCycle