#30 Managing and Distributing a Portfolio
The portfolio is a PDF file, and Acrobat offers some portfolio-specific commands. Here are a few:
- From the Home mode, click Modify on the Portfolio toolbar and choose Secure Portfolio from the pop-up menu—or choose File > Modify PDF Portfolio > Secure Portfolio on the program menu—to specify restrictions and set a password. (See #119 for more information.)
- From the Home mode, choose File > Export > Export Multiple Files to extract the component files of your portfolio in a selected file format. In the Export Multiple Files dialog, click Add Files > Add Open Files to specify the portfolio and click OK. In the Output Options dialog, select a target folder, specify a naming system, and choose an export format. Click OK to process the files. (See #34, "Exporting PDF Documents in Other Formats.")
- From any viewing mode, choose File > Portfolio Properties to open the Document Properties dialog, where you can add descriptions, specify security, and so on. (See #31, "Finding Information about Your Document.")
- From any viewing mode, select an imported movie file, and choose Modify > Convert to Flash Movie to change the file's format. (See #96, "Inserting SWF in a PDF File.")
Sometimes a portfolio can become very large, and it's not always easy to keep track of your content. Fortunately, Acrobat offers a customized search feature for Portfolio that lets you search everything in your portfolio, including the information listed in Details mode, and in non-PDF files.
To search the files in a portfolio, follow these steps:
- Type the terms in the Search field and click Search .
- You can set some criteria from the pop-up menu, including Whole Words Only and Case Sensitive. The Search Entire Portfolio option is selected by default, and can't be deselected.
- Review the returns shown in the Search Results dialog (Figure 30).
Figure 30 Search returns are listed and highlighted in the portfolio's files.
- Click a return to read the file's details. If you are in Details mode, the file is highlighted in the list; if you are in Preview mode, the result is highlighted on the page, as you see in Figure 30.
- Click Previous or Next to review the results.
- Close the Search Results pane when you have finished.