In addition to adding existing audio files, you can record your own audio files to use in Adobe Presenter presentations. Recorded files are saved in MP3 format.
To record audio, choose Adobe Presenter > Record Audio and read the test message. When the Input Level shows OK, click OK to open the Record Audio dialog box (see Figure 1). Using the controls in the dialog box, add and review audio to use for your presentation.
Figure 1 Record and review audio to add to your presentation.
Consider these tips to ensure that you're recording the best audio possible:
- Specify the audio recording quality. Choose Adobe Presenter > Preferences > Quality. Select from CD Quality (highest) to Low Bandwidth (lowest). Balance the required quality against the file size; the higher the quality, the greater the file size.
- Preview the audio as you record it in the Audio Editor. (You can also preview later from the PowerPoint window.) Choose Adobe Presenter > Edit Audio > View > Slide Show to display the Edit Audio window overlaying the presentation slides.
Use video you import from other locations, or record and customize it directly through Adobe Presenter—perfect for adding those "talking head" features to your presentation:
- Choose Adobe Presenter > Capture Video to open the Capture Video dialog box. Choose the slide to which you want to link, select the desired device and quality, and click Record. Click Stop when finished recording, and review by clicking Play. When you're done, click Save to open a dialog box where you can name the file and choose a storage location.
- Select the slide where you want to add the video, and choose Adobe Presenter > Import Video. Select the video to import, click Open, and wait while the file is processed. You'll see a white box overlaying the slide on which the video is placed.
Regardless of the method you use for bringing video into a presentation, you can edit it via Adobe Presenter. Here's how:
- Select Adobe Presenter > Edit Video to open the Edit Video dialog box (see Figure 2).
- To preview the clip, click Play; click Stop/Pause to stop the preview.
- If desired, adjust the length of the clip by dragging the start and end markers in from the edges of the playbar.
- Specify other features for the video as desired. For example:
- Choose how to play video by selecting the slide or sidebar option.
- Choose a Fade or Speed option from the Effects pull-down menu.
- Choose when to play the video by selecting an option from the Start After pop-up menu. You can indicate a time delay, or specify that the movie will start after the slide's animation or audio.
- When you've finished your edits, click OK to close the dialog box.
- Save the file. To view the video, you can either render the project or choose View > Slideshow from the PowerPoint menu.
Figure 2 Edit features of the video you import or record.