Signing Certified Documents
Now you'll sign the document that you just certified, to verify that filling in a signature field doesn't invalidate the certification.
- With the Hand tool selected, click in the Approved Signature box at the bottom of the document. Click Continue to clear the message box. Then click the Sign Document button on the document message bar (see Figure 22).
- In the dialog box, if you have more than one digital ID defined, select your digital ID. We selected T. Simpson, Director.
- Enter your password. We entered Lotion123.
- Leave the other values, click Sign, and save the file in the Lesson08 folder using the same filename.
- Click the Signatures button in the navigation pane, and expand the certification entry marked with the blue ribbon icon (see Figure 23).
Notice that the certification is still valid even though a signature has been added.
- Choose File > Close.