The Motion Editor
For more complete control over animation timing and easing, use Flash CS4’s new Motion Editor. Note that the Motion Editor only works with new-style tweening. If you want to ease a classic tween, you’ll have to use the ease option in the Properties panel.
- Select a plane or ship that is animating from point to point onstage.
- Switch to the Motion Editor by clicking its tab.
- To view more of the Motion Editor, drag downward on the border between it and the Stage.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the Timeline and locate Eases. Click the Add Color, Filter or Ease button.
- From the menu, choose Stop and Start (Slow).
- From the X and Y Ease drop-down menus (in the Basic Motion area), choose the Stop and Start (Slow) ease you just added. (It’s only available because you added it in step 5.)
- Move the split between the Motion Editor and the Stage so that you can see the whole Stage.
- View the animation so you can see how it looks with the Stop and Start Ease.