Create a Portfolio
It’s time to create a portfolio. You can either start the process by gathering the files that will be a part of the portfolio, or you can create the “shell” design and add the files later. I already have the files I want to include, so I’ll start by adding files:
- With Acrobat X open, choose File > Create > PDF Portfolio.
- Choose the layout you want to use for your portfolio from the five options (we chose “Wave”, as shown in Figure 4).
- Click the Add Files button to add files to the portfolio. In the Add Files dialog box, navigate to the files you want to add to the portfolio and select them. Click Open to add them to the portfolio (see Figure 5).
- Click the Preview button towards the top of the Document window to view the portfolio like a user in Adobe Reader 9 or X might see it when opened. Notice that you can click the “i” icon to see more information (you will see this icon in most, if not all, of the default layouts). Click the X in the corner of the thumbnail to close more information. You can also extract a file from the portfolio by clicking the Extract File button or right-clicking and choosing Extract from Portfolio (see Figure 6).
- In Preview mode, click several of the thumbnails to navigate between documents in the portfolio as well.
- Click the Edit button to resume editing the portfolio.
Figure 4 Choose your portfolio layout
Figure 5 Add files to the Portfolio
Once the files are added to the portfolio, the portfolio appears and you are in editing mode. Typically, the files are shown in the main area. Notice that any native file formats like Word or PowerPoint are still native file formats (not converted to PDF).
Figure 6 Previewing Options