Adding a multiline text field
The next field is for additional feedback. Someone completing the form could type just a few words or a complete paragraph. You’ll create a text field that supports multiple lines.
- Choose Text Field from the Add New Field menu.
- Click below “6. Any other feedback?” to add a text field.
- Type other feedback in the Field Name box. This is another optional field, so do not select Required Field.
- Drag the lower-right blue handle to increase the size of the box so that it could contain multiple lines of text.
- Double-click the text field to edit its properties.
- In the Text Field Properties dialog box, click the Options tab.
- Select Multi-line and Scroll Long Text.
- Select Limit Of _ Characters, and type 750 for the limit.
- Click Close.
- Click Preview in the Common Tools toolbar. If it isn’t already selected, click Highlight Existing Fields to see how the fields will appear to users.