Examining the work file
You’ll work with conference materials for the fictitious Meridien Conference. The presentation has been designed both for print and for online viewing. Because this online presentation is in the developmental phase, it contains a number of mistakes. You’ll use Acrobat to correct the problems in this PDF document.
- Start Acrobat.
- Choose File > Open. Navigate to the Lesson04 folder, select Conference Guide.pdf, and click Open. Then choose File > Save As, rename the file Conference Guide_revised.pdf, and save it in the Lesson04 folder.
- Click the Bookmarks button () in the navigation pane.
The Bookmarks panel opens, revealing several bookmarks that have already been created. Bookmarks are links to specific points in the document. They can be generated automatically from the table-of-contents entries of documents created by most desktop publishing programs or from formatted headings in applications such as Microsoft Word. You can also create bookmarks in Acrobat. You can specify the appearance of bookmarks and add actions to them.
- Use the Next Page button () to page through the document.
Notice that the bookmark icon that corresponds to the page that you are viewing is highlighted as you move through the pages. (There are a couple of bookmark errors that you’ll correct later.)
- With the Hand tool () or the Selection tool (), click the icon for the Table of Contents bookmark to return to the first page of the presentation.
- In the document pane, move the pointer over the items listed in the table of contents. Notice that the hand changes to a pointing finger, indicating that items in the list are links.
- Click the Meridien Wi-fi entry in the document pane to follow its link. (Be sure to click the entry in the table of contents, not the bookmark in the Bookmarks panel.)
Notice that the page number on the page displayed in the document pane is 2, though the page number in the table of contents showed the page as being page 4. The page is out of order.
- Choose View > Page Navigation > Previous View to return to the table of contents.