Colors and Windows
For choosing color, Windows users have a single, difficult dialog box to deal with, whereas Mac users get several different user-friendly options. Sorry, folks, that's the way it is.
To use the System Color picker (Windows)
- Open the Color picker (
) by clicking on any Color Picker button
Figure 3.64 Click on the Color Wheel button on the Color picker to open the System Color picker.
- On the Color picker, click on the Color Wheel button . The Color dialog box will appear ( Figure 3.65 ).
- You can choose one of the preselected colors by clicking on it, or you can select a slot for a custom color by first clicking on one of the Custom Colors boxes at the left of the dialog box.
- Click on a hue (color) in the large colors box, and then click on a shade (lighter or darker) in the narrow panel to the right of that. The combination of your clicks will be displayed in the Color|Solid box.
- To select this color, click the Add to Custom Colors button. Your color will appear in the box you selected in Step 3.
- Click OK to close the Color dialog box. The hex code for the color you chose will appear in the Color text box.