- When should you use the Selection tool to select an object, and when should you use the Direct Selection tool to select an object?
- How do you resize a frame and its contents simultaneously?
- How do you rotate a graphic within a frame without rotating the frame?
- Without ungrouping objects, how do you select an object within a group?
- Use the Selection tool for general layout tasks, such as positioning and sizing objects. Use the Direct Selection tool for tasks involving drawing and editing paths or frames, for example, to select frame contents or to move an anchor point on a path.
- To resize a frame and its contents simultaneously, choose the Selection tool, hold down Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac OS), and then drag a handle. Hold down the Shift key to maintain the object’s proportions.
- To rotate a graphic within a frame, use the Direct Selection tool to select the graphic within the frame. Select the Rotation tool, and then drag one of the handles to rotate only the graphic, not the frame.
- To select an object within a group, select it using the Direct Selection tool.