Adjusting saturation with the Sponge tool
Next, you’ll use the Sponge tool to saturate the color of the geraniums. When you change the saturation of a color, you adjust its strength or purity. The Sponge tool is useful for making subtle saturation changes to specific areas of an image.
- Select the Sponge tool (), hidden under the Dodge tool ().
ImageReady also has a Sponge tool hidden under the Clone Stamp tool ().
- In the tool options bar, select the following settings:
- In the Brush pop-up palette, again select a large, feathered brush, such as 27.
- In the Mode pop-up menu, select Saturate.
- In Flow, drag the slider or type 90% to set the intensity of the saturation effect.
- Drag the sponge back and forth over the blossoms and leaves to saturate their color. The more you drag over an area, the more
saturated the color becomes.
- Save your work.