Adobe Photoshop includes a variety of tools and commands for improving the quality of a photographic image. This lesson steps you through the process of acquiring, resizing, and retouching a photo intended for a print layout. The same basic work-flow applies to Web images.
In this lesson, you’ll learn how to do the following:
- Understand image resolution and size.
- Straighten and crop an image.
- Adjust the tonal range of an image.
- Remove a color cast from an image using Auto Color correction.
- Adjust the saturation and brightness of isolated areas of an image using the Sponge and Dodge tools.
- Apply the Unsharp Mask filter to finish the photo-retouching process.
- Save an image file for use in a page-layout program.
This lesson will take 45 minutes to an hour to complete. If needed, remove the previous lesson folder from your hard drive, and copy the Lesson03 folder onto it. If you need to restore the start files at any time, copy them from the Adobe Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book CD.