Creating a new Web site
You'll begin this lesson by creating a new Web site for Gage Vintage Guitars. You'll create a blank, single-user site.
- Start Adobe GoLive.
By default, an introductory screen appears prompting you to create a new Web page, create a new site, or open an existing file.
- Click New Site to display the GoLive Site Wizard.
- Make sure that Single User is selected, and click Next.
- Make sure that Blank Site is selected, and click Next.
- In the Site Name text box, enter gage as the name of the new site. Click Next.
- Click Browse, and then use the dialog box to select the Lesson03 folder, located in the Lessons folder on your hard drive, and click OK (Windows) or Choose (Mac OS).
- Click Finish in the Site Wizard.
GoLive creates a site project folder named gage within the Lesson03 folder. This folder contains a site project file (gage.site) to manage the site contents; a web-content folder, which by default contains a blank home page called index.html; a web-data folder, where you store different types of reusable site objects and other resources; and a web-settings folder, where GoLive stores settings you make in the site window and the Site Settings dialog box.
The site window appears with the Files tab selected. The Files tab displays the contents of the site's web-content folder. Remember, all of the folders and files displayed in the site window reflect actual folders and files on your hard disk.
Now you're ready to add files to the site.