Adding a component to an existing Web page
Now you'll update the design of an existing Web page that you've already added to the Web site. The page provides information on how viewers can get their guitars appraised by Gage Vintage Guitars. First you'll add the navigation bar to the top of the page, and then you'll update the site's Colors tab with colors used on the page.
Currently the Appraisal page doesn't contain the navigation bar for the site. You'll add the navigation bar using the component you created earlier in this lesson.
- In the Files tab of the site window, double-click appraise.html in the pages folder to open it.
- If you can't see the contents of the Components folder, make sure the right pane of the site window is displayed and click on the Extras tab. Click the plus sign (Windows) or the arrow (Mac OS) next to the Components folder. Navbar.html appears under the Components folder.
- Drag a Component icon from the Smart Objects set of the Objects palette. Be sure to drop it above the image in the background. In the Component Inspector drag from the pick whip to navbar.html in the Component folder.
- In the Component Inspector, notice that the Source reference box shows the path to navbar.html.
- Choose File > Save to save appraise.html.