Updating the custom color palette
If you scroll down the appraise.html page you just added, you'll notice the colors that have been applied to the background of the page, and the first and second columns of the table on the page. (You'll learn how to do this in the next lesson.) Now you'll update the Colors tab in the site window with colors used in the site that aren't already listed. To update the Colors tab, you first need to close any pages in the site.
- Make sure that you close any pages that are open.
- In the site window, click the Colors tab to bring it to the front. Then choose Site > Get Colors Used.
A Scanned Colors folder is added to the Colors tab and the site colors are added as untitled colors. The site colors that have been added are ones used on the Appraisal page.
Now you'll name each of the new untitled site colors according to how they're used on the Appraisal page.
- Click in the blank space outside the selected colors to deselect them.
- Click the name of the green untitled color to select it. Enter column2 to rename the color. This is the color used in the second column of the table.
- Change the name of the khaki untitled color to page (the background page color), and change the name of the cream untitled color to column1 (the color used in the first column of the table).
- Choose File > Save to save your work.