- An Interview with Visual Effects Creator Mark Christiansen
- Aug 12, 2005
- Visual effects creator Mark Christiansen talks about magic, cotton balls, and animating splatting brains in 3D.
- An Introduction to 3D in Flash
- Apr 13, 2011
- One of the main reasons that the Flash platform has remained as popular as it has for so long is that Flash has continuously evolved to meet the demands of its audience. In the first of a series of articles on using 3D in Flash applications, Chris Florio, contributor to ActionScript 3.0 for Flash Professional CS5 Classroom in a Book, shows how to use 3D features (and limitations) that currently exist in Flash Professional CS5 and in Flash Player 10 using both the Flash interface and ActionScript.
- An Introduction to Using Code Snippets in Flash CS5
- Nov 30, 2010
- Chris Florio introduces the new Code Snippets feature in Flash CS5. This article shows how to add rich interactivity to Flash projects without writing any code, as well as how to modify the code snippets that Flash creates to customize your interactivity without a mastery of programming syntax.
- An Overview of Adobe® Photoshop® CS5
- Apr 15, 2010
- From a complete overhaul of code to the addition of new functionality into the application, Adobe® Photoshop® CS5 is proving to be a very worthwhile upgrade. RC Concepcion takes a look at some of the standout features of Photoshop CS5.
- Animating a 3D Layer in Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Dec 15, 2010
- This excerpt from Adobe Photoshop CS5 Classroom in a Book shows you how to animate a 3D postcard.
- Animating a Logotype in Flash MX
- Dec 13, 2002
- This lesson takes a previously created logo and animates it using Macromedia Flash MX.
- Animating Layers in After Effects CS3
- Nov 13, 2008
- Animation is all about making changes over time to an object or image's position, opacity, scale, and other properties. In this step-by-step exercise, the Adobe Creative Team explores some of the fun possibilities for animating a Photoshop file in After Effects CS3.
- Animating Shapes with Shape Tweens in Adobe Flash Professional CC (2014 release)
- Jul 18, 2014
- You’ll start the lesson by viewing the animated logo that you’ll create as you learn about shape tweens and masks in Flash, in this chapter from Adobe Flash Professional CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release).
- Animating Symbols
- Apr 6, 2018
In this sample chapter from Adobe Animate CC Classroom in a Book (2018 release), explore how to change almost any aspect of an object—position, color, transparency, size, rotation, and more—over time.
- Animating Symbols
- Mar 25, 2017
Learn how to animate symbols in Adobe Animate CC (2017)
- Animating Symbols in Adobe Flash Professional CC (2014 release)
- Sep 29, 2014
- In this excerpt from Adobe Flash Professional CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release), learn how to use Flash Professional to change almost any aspect of an object—position, color, transparency, size, rotation, and more—over time. Motion tweening is the basic technique of creating animation with symbol instances.
- Animating Symbols with Motion Tweens
- May 18, 2022
Create animations in Adobe Animate using motion tweening. Learn to adjust almost any aspect of an object—position, color, transparency, size, rotation, and more—and export your animation as a movie.
- Animating Text
Lisa Fridsma, Brie Gyncild
- Jan 17, 2020
In this sample chapter from Adobe After Effects Classroom in a Book (2020 release), authors Fridsma and Gyncild teach you to create and animate text layers. You will learn to stylize text using the Character and Paragraph panels, apply and customize text animation presets, and more.
- Animating Text in Adobe After Effects 7.0
- May 4, 2006
- After Effects offers many ways to animate text. You can animate text layers by manually creating keyframes in the Timeline panel, by using animation presets, or by using expressions. You can even animate individual characters or words in a text layer. This lesson takes you through several different animation techniques, including some that are unique to text, while you design the opening title credits for an animated documentary called The Pond.
- Animating Text in Adobe After Effects CC (2014 release)
- Dec 23, 2014
- Adobe After Effects offers many ways to animate text. You can animate text layers by manually creating keyframes in the Timeline panel, using animation presets, or using expressions. You can even animate individual characters or words in a text layer. In this lesson from Adobe After Effects CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release), you’ll employ several different animation techniques, including some that are unique to text, while you design the opening title credits for an animated documentary called Road Trip. You’ll also take advantage of Adobe Typekit to install a font for use in your project.
- Animating with Modern Rigging
- Jun 26, 2023
Russell Chun explores the power of the Asset Warp tool in Animate to create and edit rigs, animate with classic tweening, and apply various bone types for precise control.
- Animation with Scripting for Adobe Flash Professional CS5 Studio Techniques: Character Animation
- Sep 30, 2010
- Optimization and efficiency are key elements for a web project that needs to load quickly and play smoothly. Chris Georgenes and Just Putney explain how to animate characters in Adobe Flash Professional CS5.
- Applying a Gradient to a Layer in Adobe Photoshop CS4
- Oct 17, 2008
- You can apply a color gradient to all or part of a layer. In this excerpt from Adobe Photoshop CS4 Classroom in a Book, you'll apply a gradient to a layer to make it more colorful.
- Applying a Gradient to a Layer in Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Dec 12, 2010
- This excerpt from Adobe Photoshop CS5 Classroom in a Book shows you how to apply a gradient to type to make it more colorful.
- Applying Basic Color Corrections in Lightroom 2
- Aug 1, 2008
- Lightroom 2 offers some handy features that allow you to adjust image color in a variety of ways. In this exercise, the Adobe Creative Team demonstrates two of the most important color corrections for any photographer: adjusting whites and tonal ranges, and improving brightness/contrast ratios.