- Deprecated Items in ActionScript 2.0 and Some Suggested Alternatives
Shimul Rahim, Francis Cheng, Jen deHaan, Robert L. Dixon
- Jan 6, 2006
- The evolution of ActionScript has deprecated many elements of the language. This section lists the deprecated items and suggests alternatives when available.
- Embedding Flash Video with Dreamweaver
- Jan 4, 2008
- David Karlins shows how to use Dreamweaver to embed a video clip into your own web page, presented with your own customized display skin, and surrounded by your own content.
- Exciting Updates to Flash Professional CC
- Dec 4, 2013
- Experienced instructor and Flash Platform expert Joseph Labrecque presents an introduction to much of what is new in Flash Professional CC; namely, the introduction of native HTML5 Canvas.
- Expert Flash Tips and Tricks
Derek Franklin, Brooks Patton
- Feb 16, 2001
- Quick and dirty Flash! tips from Derek Franklin and Brooks Patton, coauthors of Flash 5! Creative Web Animation.
- Oct 6, 2005
- External Communications with Flash 8: How to Use the ExternalInterface
- Mar 24, 2006
- Kris Hadlock explores the use of the ExternalInterface class in Flash 8. With ExternalInterface, you can build robust object-oriented Flash applications that can be connected to the outside world and tied to databases and other server-side processes.
- First Steps of Flash Game Design
- Jan 3, 2003
- This sample chapter discusses the most common Flash game genres, their terminology, and Flash's capabilities as a game-development environment.
- Flash Essentials for After Effects Users
- Jun 17, 2009
- Flash baffles After Effects users as often as it makes them feel comfortable. This chapter from Rich Harrington introduces you to Flash’s interface and core animation techniques.
- Flash Interface Design: Bud Greenspan's 10 Greatest Winter Olympians
- Feb 7, 2003
- CNNSI had three goals for a minisite running in the weeks before the 2002 Winter Olympics. Thoughtbubble Productions used Flash to accomplish all those activities in a single page.
- Flash MX Printing
Neeld Tanksley, Luke Bayes, John Elstad
- Apr 25, 2003
- See how to customize printing from a Flash Player by using the print action feature.
- Flash Physics: Velocity and Acceleration
- Jan 1, 2002
- by Jobe Makar, co-author of Macromedia Flash: Super Samurai
- Flash: It's All Grown Up Now
- May 25, 2001
- Flash is no longer a program in its formative years; it's all grown up! So what's changed in the 15 months in between versions 4 and 5? Let Derek Franklin, co-author of Flash 5! Creative Web Animation, walk you through the highlights.
- From Flash to Flex: Creating ActionScript Components for Flex
- Jul 27, 2007
- Kris Hadlock explains how to create an ActionScript component for Flex by using XML as a data source to offer reusability in your Flex applications.
- From Flash to Flex: Integrating ActionScript with MXML
- Jun 8, 2007
- Are you familiar with Flash and interested in making a move to Flex? This article is for you. It will show you the differences between the two applications and how to make a smooth transition. In this first article of a multipart series, "From Flash to Flex," Kris Hadlock shows you how to begin creating your first Flex application by integrating ActionScript with MXML.
- From Flash to Flex: Moving to ActionScript 3
- Jul 6, 2007
- In his second article from the Flash to Flex series, which focuses on helping you migrate your work environment from Flash to Flex by learning the differences between and comparing the two applications, Kris Hadlock shows you all you need to know to get started using ActionScript 3. In this article you’ll learn how to create packages and classes and incorporate them into a Flex project.
- From Flash to Flex: Understanding Flex Events
- Sep 14, 2007
- Kris Hadlock explains Flex events and how to incorporate them into object-oriented code.
- Game Development with Flash
- Mar 28, 2003
- In this age of Internet gaming, Matthew David tells why you need only one tool for building online games: Macromedia Flash MX.
- Getting Familiar with Paths in Adobe Flash CS4 Professional
- Sep 23, 2008
- One of the most important innovations in Flash was a new set of tools that made creating vector graphics as simple and intuitive as creating bitmap graphics. This excerpt, adapted from Adobe Flash CS4 Professional How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques (Peachpit Press, ISBN 0-321-58004-4), discusses paths, the most basic element of a vector drawing.
- How to Build Applications in Dreamweaver
Joseph Lowery, Eric Ott
- Jan 20, 2006
- Whether you're totally new to Dreamweaver or just creating dynamic Web applications with the program, this chapter will help you find your bearings. The first part explores the Dreamweaver workspace with an emphasis on its application-building capabilities. The rest of the chapter deals specifically with the basics of Web application tools that are standard in Dreamweaver. Everything from applying server behaviors to working in Live Data view is described.
- How to Export a Site Design From Fireworks to Dreamweaver
Jeffrey Bardzell, Shaowen Bardzell, Bob Flynn
- Sep 8, 2006
- After you create and finalize your site's design in Fireworks, you can turn your attention to moving the design from Fireworks to Dreamweaver. Moving the design is a two-step process that involves image optimization and file export. In this lesson, you'll learn techniques for optimizing graphics. In addition, you'll work with various export settings to prepare the Fireworks document for export. In the process, you'll become familiar with Fireworks' Optimize panel and the Export HTML setup process, mastering the techniques used to find the best optimization and export settings for your original design.