- Building Flash Applications with Screens
- Oct 1, 2004
- This sample chapter from the book Macromedia Flash MX Professional 2004 Application Development: Training from the Source by Jeanette Stallons explains one method of building a multipage application in which you can move between displays in a nonlinear fashion.
- 10 Minutes with Flash: ActionScript You'll Never Have to Write Again
- Feb 6, 2004
- Robert Hoekman, Jr. is just as tired of writing code as you are, so he offers up some timely tips on storing ActionScript and loading it on-the-fly in this fourth installment of "10 Minutes with Flash."
- 10 Minutes with Flash: Repeating History through Commands
- Dec 23, 2003
- Robert Hoekman, Jr. shows you how reliving the past with History and Commands can help you automate your life.
- 10 Minutes with Flash: Bitmap Video Effects
- Dec 5, 2003
- In the first of a bi-weekly series of articles called "10 Minutes with Flash," Robert Hoekman, Jr. demonstrates how to make reality pretty again with faux video effects using simple bitmaps.
- Creating Custom Context Menus in Flash MX 2004
- Nov 21, 2003
- This article shows you how to create custom context menus for your Flash movies using Macromedia Flash MX 2004.
- Flash MX Printing
- Apr 25, 2003
- See how to customize printing from a Flash Player by using the print action feature.
- Collision Detection with Flash MX
- Apr 11, 2003
- Collision detection is all about detecting objects and boundaries on the stage. Matthew David illustrates how to use collision detection in an arcade-style game.
- Introducing ActionScript Objects
- Apr 11, 2003
- Take advantage of ActionScript's objects, and learn how to use objects' properties to manipulate data, colors, sound, dates, and more.
- Creating Scrolling Screens for Flash Games
- Apr 4, 2003
- Using Flash, you can build scrolling screens into your games for players to move through. Matthew David walks you through the process.
- Game Development with Flash
- Mar 28, 2003
- In this age of Internet gaming, Matthew David tells why you need only one tool for building online games: Macromedia Flash MX.
- Flash Interface Design: Bud Greenspan's 10 Greatest Winter Olympians
- Feb 7, 2003
- CNNSI had three goals for a minisite running in the weeks before the 2002 Winter Olympics. Thoughtbubble Productions used Flash to accomplish all those activities in a single page.
- Creating a Flash Email Client Application
- Jan 31, 2003
- This chapter explores the architecture and the means of creating a simple email management program using Flash MX, XML, Java, and Microsoft Access.
- Building a Flash Message Board System
- Jan 24, 2003
- This sample chapter shows you how message boards can be deployed using Flash MX and a backend server-side system to great effect.
- Building a Flash Video Simulation
- Jan 17, 2003
- This sample chapter discusses creating rich learning media in Macromedia Flash MX.
- The Flash MX Game Design Plan: From Idea to Design
- Jan 10, 2003
- This sample chapter discusses one game-design process that can help you structure your ideas and build your game intelligently and efficiently. This simple design process will help you plan for every part of the game.
- Authoring Flash MX Web Pages
- Jan 3, 2003
- This lesson teaches web-building at the page level, marking up a page and making use of different elements, including hyperlinks, style sheets, images, and templates.
- First Steps of Flash Game Design
- Jan 3, 2003
- This sample chapter discusses the most common Flash game genres, their terminology, and Flash's capabilities as a game-development environment.
- Using Animation to Build Movement in Flash MX
- Dec 27, 2002
- Animating in Flash is where the real excitement begins. If you do it right, you'll find that you can control your audience's emotions in ways they'll not soon forget. Sound appealing? Read on.
- Animating a Logotype in Flash MX
- Dec 13, 2002
- This lesson takes a previously created logo and animates it using Macromedia Flash MX.
- Complex Flash MX Graphics on a Single Layer
- Jun 21, 2002
- To work effectively with complex graphics, you need to understand how Flash shapes interact when they are on the same layer or on different layers. In this chapter, you learn how to work with multiple shapes on one layer.