- 10 Fundamental Rules of Designing for Digital Magazines
- Nov 29, 2012
- Is your online magazine just an electronic version of your print publication? You're wasting a huge opportunity! In 10 quick tips, Sandee Cohen, co-author of Digital Publishing with Adobe InDesign CS 6, demonstrates how to give immediacy and freshness to your digital magazine's experience.
- A Step-by-step Approach to Designing Templates in InDesign
- Jan 30, 2009
- This chapter walks you through each step in the template design process and forges a path toward the successful completion of any template in InDesign.
- Adding Footnotes in Adobe InDesign CS3
- Feb 15, 2009
- While InDesign’s footnotes don’t do everything that one could possibly want in such a feature. they’re able to handle a broad range of footnote needs. Olav Martin Kvern and David Blatner show you how to work with footnotes.
- Adding Form Fields in Adobe InDesign CC
- May 15, 2013
- In this excerpt, learn how to add text fields, add radio buttons, add a combo box, add a description to a form field, set the tab order of the fields, and add a button to submit the form.
- Adding Graphics to Table Cells in Adobe InDesign CC (2015 release)
- Jun 19, 2015
- Learn how to add photos or other graphics to table cells in this excerpt from Adobe InDesign CC Classroom in a Book (2015 release).
- Adobe® InDesign® CS5 Classroom in a Book: Placing Multiple Graphics in a Grid of Frames
- Apr 19, 2010
- This excerpt from Adobe® InDesign® CS5 Classroom in a Book shows you how to place multiple graphics in a grid of frames.
- Bullets and Numbering in Adobe InDesign CS3
- Feb 24, 2009
- Sven Martin Kvern and David Blatner show you how to apply bullets and numbering in Adobe CS3. Applying a bullet is fairly straightforward; numbering is a bit more complicated.
- Create Polished eBooks with New Features in InDesign CS5.5
- Aug 22, 2011
- For several versions, InDesign has been able to convert your print–only content to the .epub file format. With the release of InDesign CS5.5, that process has been made much easier. Adobe expert Brian Wood shows you some of the great new features available with Adobe InDesign CS5.5.
- Creating a Horizontal Layout in Adobe InDesign CS6
- Jun 7, 2012
- Learn how to create an alternate layout in Adobe InDesign CS6 for the landscape (horizonal) orientation that you'll need for a mobile device’s multiple orientations.
- Creating an External Style Sheet in Dreamweaver CS4
- Sep 23, 2008
- External style sheets have many powerful advantages that make them ubiquitous in professional Web sites. In this excerpt, adapted from Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques (Peachpit Press, ISBN 0-321-56289-5), David Karlins shows the easiest way to generate style sheets in Dreamweaver.
- Creating and Applying Paragraph and Character Styles in Adobe InDesign CS6
- May 9, 2012
- This excerpt from Adobe InDesign CS6 Classroom in a Book shows you how to create and apply paragraph and character styles.
- Creating Animations in Adobe InDesign CC: Growth and Rotation
- Oct 1, 2015
- In this chapter from Creating Animations in Adobe InDesign CC One Step at a Time, you’ll learn how to apply the animation presets that make objects grow or shrink as well as rotate.
- Creating Tables in Dreamweaver CS4
- Sep 23, 2008
- This excerpt, adapted from Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 Classroom in a Book (Peachpit Press, ISBN 0-321-57381-1), tells you why, when, and how to use tables in your site design.
- Creating Text on a Path in InDesign 1.5
- Jun 1, 2001
- from Adobe InDesign 1.5 Classroom in a Book by the Adobe Creative Team
- Exploring the InDesign CS4 Workspace
- Sep 23, 2008
- The intuitive InDesign CS4 interface makes it easy to create compelling print and interactive pages. The Adobe Creative Team introduces you to working with the InDesign workspace and its various panels and tools.
- Exporting PDF in Adobe InDesign CS3
- Feb 20, 2009
- InDesign can export PDFs for just about any purpose, onscreen or on-press. It all depends on how you set up the export options. Olav Martin Kvern and David Blatner show you how to do it.
- Getting Started with Adobe InDesign CS4
- Apr 27, 2009
- Get an overview of the key features of InDesign CS4 including using Adobe Bridge to access files, checking on potential production issues with the Preflight panel and viewing and navigating your document.
- Getting to Know Adobe InDesign CC (2014 release)
- Jun 23, 2014
- In this excerpt from Adobe InDesign CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release), Kelly Kordes Anton and John Cruise get you up to speed with Adobe InDesign CC (2014 release).
- Getting Your Feet Wet with InDesign CS3 Templates
- Feb 13, 2009
- This chapter is designed to give you a complete overview of the template design process in Adobe InDesign CS3. If you’re not experienced in taking a template project from beginning to end, this is a great way to start.
- How to Work with Frames in InDesign CS
- Oct 20, 2006
- In this self-paced lesson, you'll work on a two-page article for a magazine about origami paper folding. In the process, you'll learn how to use Adobe InDesign CS to resize and reshape text and graphic frames, crop graphics, scale an image contained in a graphics frame, wrap text around an object, and more.