- Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium How-Tos: Working with Illustrator
- Feb 16, 2011
- Whatever task you throw at Illustrator, or whatever your particular artwork needs are, there are a multitude of features that help you explore creatively, work efficiently, and publish reliably.
- Adobe Illustrator Master Class: An Interview with Sharon Milne
- Jan 8, 2013
- Peachpit interviews Sharon Milne, author of Adobe Master Class: Illustrator Inspiring artwork and tutorials by established and emerging artists, about her book, what binds Illustrator artists together, and why vector illustration is so important.
- Adobe Illustrator Master Class: Rian Saputra
- Jan 29, 2013
- This excerpt from Adobe Master Class: Illustrator Inspiring artwork and tutorials by established and emerging artists profiles artist Rian Saputra.
- Adobe Illustrator: New Ways to Draw
- Jun 8, 2015
- Recent Adobe Illustrator updates have focused on core tools, resulting in a lot of love for the drawing tools. Web developer Brian Wood, author of Adobe Illustrator CC 2014 Classroom in a Book, explores the latest drawing features, including updates to the Pen and Pencil tools, the new Curvature tool, and improvements in how users select and edit paths.
- Adobe® Illustrator® CS5 Classroom in a Book: Editing the Perspective Grid
- Apr 14, 2010
- This excerpt from Adobe® Illustrator® CS5 Classroom in a Book shows you how to edit the Perspective Grid.
- Applying Selection Techniques in Adobe Illustrator CS4
- Oct 22, 2008
- Learn how to apply Illustrator selection techniques in this excerpt from Adobe Illustrator CS4 Classroom in a Book.
- Brush Basics in Illustrator 8
- Mar 1, 1999
- Peachpit art
- Brush Strokes: Making Natural Pen and Ink Drawings
- Mar 1, 1999
- Peachpit art
- Cartoon Illustration in Adobe Illustrator
- Mar 28, 2003
- See all the steps freelance illustrator Nick Diggory uses to create an illustration for a 2002 calendar using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Creating Basic Lines and Shapes in Illustrator CS
- Aug 27, 2004
- This sample chapter from the book Adobe Illustrator CS Creative Studio by Luanne Cohen explains how to create paths with Illustrator's line and shape tools. It also contains invaluable charts for working with each of the tools' features.
- Creating Flash Animations in Adobe Illustrator CS5
- Nov 9, 2010
- Brian Wood, contributor to Adobe Illustrator CS5 Classroom in a Book, demonstrates a handy technique for animating Illustrator artwork or creating simple animations without the help of Flash.
- Creating Transitions with Blends in Adobe Illustrator CS4
- Oct 9, 2008
- Computers can be real timesavers. For example, instead of having to draw all the in-between objects to morph one shape into another, you can make Illustrator do the work. Mordy Golding shows off some of the fun and useful transitioning capabilities that Illustrator offers with its blending features.
- Creating Vector Art with Adobe Shape and Adobe Illustrator
- Feb 26, 2015
- With the release of Adobe Shape, capturing inspiration in the form of vector art just got easier. Adobe Shape traces images you capture from different sources and the resulting vector artwork can be shared with others or brought to Illustrator and edited. In this article, web developer Brian Wood looks at how Adobe Shape works and follows an Adobe Shape to Illustrator workflow.
- Creating Web Content in Adobe Illustrator CS5
- Aug 30, 2010
- Brian Wood, author of Adobe Illustrator CS5 Classroom in a Book, presents best practices and handy tips for using Illustrator to create and save artwork for your website. Follow his advice to create better-looking and faster-loading art that adds value to your site.
- Creative Drawing in Adobe Illustrator CS4
- Jan 6, 2009
- Mordy Golding discusses the use of color, composition, texture, and feel, including how to use the Live Paint feature in Illustrator CS4.
- Editing and Combining Shapes and Paths in Adobe Illustrator CC (2015 release)
- Jan 14, 2016
- In this lesson from Adobe Illustrator CC Classroom in a Book (2015 release), you'll take basic shapes and paths and learn how to both edit and combine them to create new artwork.
- Editing Paths in Adobe Illustrator CS4
- Dec 30, 2008
- David Karlins shows you how to use selection and editing techniques in Adobe Illustrator CS4, including selecting paths and path segments, grouping paths, and aligning anchors.
- Hidden Gems in Adobe Illustrator
- Sep 19, 2012
- Brian Wood, contributor to Adobe Illustrator CS6 Classroom in a Book, shows you how to optimize content for use in projects such as websites, apps, and more.
- How to Create Basic Shapes in Illustrator CS
- Oct 27, 2006
- Many objects in the Adobe Illustrator program can be created by starting with basic shapes and then editing them to create new shapes. In this lesson, you'll use some basic shapes to create a logo. Along the way, you'll learn how to use tools and commands to create basic shapes, copy and combine objects to create new shapes, paint objects, and more.
- How to Use Multiple Artboards in Adobe Illustrator
- May 4, 2009
- David Karlins examines how to create and modify multiple artboards and how they can (and cannot) be used.