- 16 How-To Tips for Using Photoshop Camera Raw
- Jan 19, 2009
- Chris Orwig offers 16 Camera Raw tips, including setting the white balance, using split toning, and making localized adjustments.
- 32-bit Imaging with HDR Toning in Photoshop CS5
- Feb 28, 2011
- High Dynamic Range (or HDR) photography has been a hot topic lately, with debates ongoing as to how useful a process HDR is for serious photographers. Count Dan Moughamian, author of Adobe Digital Imaging How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques for Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3, and Camera Raw 6, among those who believe HDR can be a very useful process for photographers, provided they understand its real purpose.
- 3D in Photoshop CS4
- Apr 13, 2009
- Photoshop includes many improvements to 3D workflow, such as a more powerful rendering engine and the ability to create and manipulate various kinds of lights and materials. This excerpt explains them in detail.
- 3D Photoshop: Inflating Objects from Photographs
- Oct 3, 2013
- Learn how to model 3D objects directly from photographs, using Photoshop’s inflation tool.
- A Plea for Photoshop–Browser Harmony
- Feb 4, 2015
- When it comes to responsive web design, using the right tool, at the right time, for the right purpose, helps us extract more out of said tool than normal. Knowing when to use Photoshop is the only thing that can logically keep it in our workflows. Using it too often, too early, or for the wrong purpose produces frustration, wasted time, and potentially wasted money, as Dan Rose explains in this chapter from Responsive Web Design with Adobe Photoshop.
- About Selecting and Selection Tools in Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Dec 11, 2010
- This excerpt from Adobe Photoshop CS5 Classroom in a Book shows you how to choose best of the four available selection tools for a specific area, which often depends on the characteristics of that area, such as shape or color.
- Actions in Adobe Photoshop CS4
- Oct 30, 2009
- Adding Motion to a Static Shot in Adobe Photoshop Elements 14
- Nov 17, 2015
- In this excerpt from Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Classroom in a Book, learn how to add dynamic-looking motion to your photograph.
- Adobe Digital Imaging How-to #54: Using Mini Bridge in Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Nov 23, 2010
- It can be inefficient to frequently switch back and forth between Photoshop and Bridge to find the files you need. This drawback has been resolved in Photoshop CS5 with the new Mini Bridge panel. Dan Moughamian shows you how to use it.
- Adobe Digital Imaging How-to #52: Simplifying the Menus in Photoshop CS5
- Nov 9, 2010
- Adobe Digital Imaging How-to #53: Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Photoshop CS5
- Nov 16, 2010
- In this excerpt from his book, Dan Moughamian shows you how to customize keyboard shortcuts in Adobe Photoshop CS5, including customizing shortcuts for the main menu and customizing Tools panel shortcuts.
- Adobe Digital Imaging How-to #55: Using Live Preview Rotation
- Nov 30, 2010
- Dan Moughamian talks about his favorite uses of the Rotate View tool in Photoshop CS5.
- Adobe Digital Imaging How-to #56: Pan & Zoom Techniques
- Dec 7, 2010
- Dan Moughamian shows you how to work with the Hand tool and the Zoom tool with the new Scrubby Zoom option in Adobe Photoshop CS5.
- Adobe Digital Imaging How-to #57: Using the HUD Color Pickers in Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Dec 16, 2010
- Photoshop CS5 has two new HUD (or Heads Up Display) color pickers that enable you to choose colors on the fly, rather than having to visually target and click on the small color wells in the Tools panel.
- Adobe Digital Imaging How-Tos: Comparing Similar Photos
- Dec 9, 2010
- Lightroom excels at comparing photos with similar composition and exposure values, side by side, in order to determine which shot has the best detail and color, and it's arguably the most important part of working in the Library module. Dan Moughamian shows you how to compare similar photos in Lightroom 3.
- Adobe Digital Imaging How-Tos: Creating Text on a Path
- Jan 19, 2011
- Dan Moughamian shows you how to create text that follows along a contour in one of your photos.
- Adobe Digital Imaging How-Tos: Getting Creative with Puppet Warp
- Dec 8, 2010
- Dan Moughamian shows you how to have fun with Puppet Warp in Adobe Photoshop CS5.
- Adobe Digital Imaging How-Tos: Going Retro: Film Grain
- Dec 10, 2010
- Lightroom 3 provides new styling tools that allow you to add simulated film grain to your black-and-white (or color) photographs, in an attempt to recapture the look and feel of black-and-white film photos. Dan Moughamian shows you how to create this effect.
- Adobe Digital Imaging How-Tos: Introducing Bristle Tips
- Dec 9, 2010
- Dan Moughamian shows you how to use Bristle Tips, and excellent painting enhancement tool in Adobe Photoshop CS5.
- Adobe Digital Imaging How-Tos: Layer Styles: Drop Shadows in Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Dec 8, 2010
- Dan Moughamian shows you how to add a drop shadow in Adobe Photoshop CS5.