- Using Adobe Digital Publishing Suite for Tablet Applications
- Sep 27, 2012
- With InDesign and Adobe’s complementary set of tools, known as the Digital Publishing Suite, a whole new world of design and interactivity has opened up to designers and publishers everywhere. This chapter covers the Digital Publishing Suite apps, design and workflow considerations, setting up your document, interactivity and digital overlays, the Folio Builder Panel, Folio Producer, and publishing your app to a store.
- Vector Drawing Techniques in Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Sep 27, 2012
- Learn how to differentiate between bitmap and vector graphics, draw straight and curved paths using the Pen tool, convert a path to a selection, and convert a selection to a path, save paths, draw and edit shape layers, draw custom shapes, and import and edit a Smart Object from Adobe Illustrator.
- Working with 3D Images in Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Sep 26, 2012
- Learn how to create a 3D shape from a layer, import a 3D object, create 3D text, apply the 3D postcard effect, manipulate 3D objects using the 3D Axis widget, adjust the camera view, set coordinates in the Properties panel, adjust light sources, and animate a 3D file.
- Working with Image Trace in Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Sep 26, 2012
- Brian Wood, contributor to Adobe Illustrator CS6 Classroom in a Book, demonstrates how to trace raster images like the pros by using the Image Trace tool in Illustrator CS6.
- How to Optimize Projects in Adobe After Effects CS6
- Sep 20, 2012
- This chapter examines in close detail how image data flows through an After Effects project. It’s full of the information you need to help you make the most of After Effects.
- Hidden Gems in Adobe Illustrator
- Sep 19, 2012
Brian Wood shows you how to optimize content for use in projects such as websites, apps, and more.
- Author Talk: Scott Valentine on the Hidden Power of Blend Modes in Adobe Photoshop (Podcast Transcript)
- Sep 18, 2012
- Peachpit Press publisher Nancy Ruenzel talks to award winning photographer Scott Valentine about his new book, "The Hidden Power of Blend Modes in Adobe Photoshop." Often photographers and Photoshop users are stumped by blend modes. Scott discusses why blend modes are so hard to understand despite being an essential tool for photographers an digital artists.
- UI Design with Adobe Illustrator CS6, Part 3: Visualizing Interactions with Animation
- Sep 10, 2012
- Rick Moore, author of UI Design with Adobe Illustrator, takes us on a whirlwind run through creating animations to test interactions in Illustrator. Hold onto your hat!
- UI Design with Adobe Illustrator CS6, Part 2: Creating Vector Icons
- Sep 3, 2012
- Wish you had an efficient way to create custom icons in multiple sizes for use on your websites and in your applications? Adobe Illustrator CS6 grants you the power, as demonstrated by Rick Moore, author of UI Design with Adobe Illustrator.
- UI Design with Adobe Illustrator CS6, Part 1: Flipping Wireframes
- Aug 27, 2012
- Adobe Illustrator makes it easy to create wireframes and then seamlessly flip them to final art. Rick Moore, author of UI Design with Adobe Illustrator, demonstrates how to use Illustrator's symbols, graphic and character styles, and the Find Font tool to turn a sample user interface wireframe into a presentation-ready design.
- The Building Blocks of UI Design with Adobe Illustrator
- Aug 23, 2012
- This chapter takes a look at the basic features that Illustrator provides for the building blocks of UI design.
- The Hidden Power of Photoshop Blend Modes: A Recipe for Hard Mix Contrast
- Aug 1, 2012
- Scott Valentine shows you how to use this method to increase contrast and saturation in otherwise dull images. However, it can quite easily blow out highlights, and darker images will tend to oversaturate in some areas.
- Transparency: Working with Effects in Adobe InDesign CS6
- Jun 11, 2012
- You can apply transparency by using the nine transparency effects in InDesign. This excerpt from Adobe InDesign CS6 Classroom in a Book shows you how.
- Creating a Horizontal Layout in Adobe InDesign CS6
- Jun 7, 2012
- Learn how to create an alternate layout in Adobe InDesign CS6 for the landscape (horizonal) orientation that you'll need for a mobile device’s multiple orientations.
- Removing Distortions with the Adaptive Wide Angle Filter in Photoshop CS6
- Jun 7, 2012
- Photoshop CS6 offers improvements across the full spectrum of photographic workflows. In this article, Dan Moughamian discusses the Adaptive Wide Angle (AWA) filter, which you can use to modify the different types of lens distortions (like a fisheye distortion) that may be present in your pictures.
- Adobe Flash CS6 Classroom in a Book: Creating a Home Button with Code Snippets
- May 30, 2012
- In this excerpt from Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Classroom in a Book, you'll learn to use the Code Snippets panel to add ActionScript to your project.
- Creating and Applying Paragraph and Character Styles in Adobe InDesign CS6
- May 9, 2012
- This excerpt from Adobe InDesign CS6 Classroom in a Book shows you how to create and apply paragraph and character styles.
- Working with Paragraph Composers and Tabs in Adobe InDesign CS6
- May 9, 2012
- This excerpt from Adobe InDesign CS6 Classroom in a Book shows you how to apply the Adobe paragraph and single-line composers, set tabs, and add a rule above a paragraph.
- Setting Up Layout Rules for a Mobile App Design in Adobe InDesign CS6
- May 3, 2012
- This excerpt from Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design and Web Premium Classroom in a Book shows you how InDesign lets you work with alternate
layouts and helps you adapt your layouts with Liquid Layout rules.
- Adobe Flash CS6 Classroom in a Book: Publishing for a Mobile Device
- Apr 23, 2012
- Learn how to publish Flash content for mobile devices running on Android or on Apple’s iOS using the mobile device simulator available with Adobe Flash Professional CS6.