- Adjusting the Layers and Creating a Track Matte in Adobe After Effects CC
- May 15, 2013
- Learn how to precompose layers, create the track matte, and add motion blur in Adobe After Effects CC.
- Adobe After Effects CS4: Optimize the Pipeline
- Apr 9, 2009
- This chapter examines how image data flows through an After Effects project in detail. That may not sound gripping until you realize how much your creativity is hampered by remaining ignorant of this stuff.
- Adobe After Effects CS6 Studio Techniques for Editors: Approachable VFX for Non-Specialists
- Nov 1, 2012
- Too often, editors are afraid of using After Effects, because they don't aim for the more manageable and appropriate things you can do in AE. Mark Christiansen, author of Adobe After Effects CS6 Visual Effects and Compositing Studio Techniques, shows how powerful After Effects can be when you use it to handle even commonplace tasks.
- Adobe® After Effects® CS5 Classroom in a Book: Adding Deform Pins
- Apr 17, 2010
- Deform pins are the main component of the Puppet effect. This excerpt from Adobea® After Effects® CS5 Classroom in a Book shows you how to add deform pins.
- After Effects Essentials for Flash Users
- Jun 18, 2009
- For a Flash user, the core principles of After Effects will seem similar. Elements are stacked from top to bottom in a timeline and then animated with keyframes. From there, the similarities pretty much end. Rich Harrington investigates the differences.
- An Interview with Visual Effects Creator Mark Christiansen
- Aug 12, 2005
- Visual effects creator Mark Christiansen talks about magic, cotton balls, and animating splatting brains in 3D.
- Animating Layers in After Effects CS3
- Nov 13, 2008
- Animation is all about making changes over time to an object or image's position, opacity, scale, and other properties. In this step-by-step exercise, the Adobe Creative Team explores some of the fun possibilities for animating a Photoshop file in After Effects CS3.
- Animating Text in Adobe After Effects 7.0
- May 4, 2006
- After Effects offers many ways to animate text. You can animate text layers by manually creating keyframes in the Timeline panel, by using animation presets, or by using expressions. You can even animate individual characters or words in a text layer. This lesson takes you through several different animation techniques, including some that are unique to text, while you design the opening title credits for an animated documentary called The Pond.
- Animating Text in Adobe After Effects CC (2014 release)
- Dec 23, 2014
- Adobe After Effects offers many ways to animate text. You can animate text layers by manually creating keyframes in the Timeline panel, using animation presets, or using expressions. You can even animate individual characters or words in a text layer. In this lesson from Adobe After Effects CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release), you’ll employ several different animation techniques, including some that are unique to text, while you design the opening title credits for an animated documentary called Road Trip. You’ll also take advantage of Adobe Typekit to install a font for use in your project.
- Building 3D Objects in Adobe After Effects CS5
- Dec 10, 2010
- This excerpt from Adobe After Effects CS5 Classroom in a Book shows you how to create and control basic 3D layers.
- Climate: Air, Water, Smoke, Clouds in After Effects 7.0
- Nov 12, 2008
- If you think of a color key as an edge matte surrounded by two holdout mattes (one for the core, one for the background), how do you combine these mattes in Keylight? Mark Christiansen explains.
- Color Correction in Adobe After Effects CS3
- Nov 12, 2008
- Mark Christiansen demonstrates that color matching in After Effects is a skill that you can practice and refine, even if you have no feel for adjusting images - and even if you tend to think of yourself as colorblind.
- Color Keying in After Effects CS3
- Nov 19, 2008
- Are your matte edges crunchy, chewy, contrasty, solid, sizzling? Do these terms even mean anything to you? They will by the time Mark Christiansen finishes showing you how to work with After Effects CS3 color keying.
- Creating Transparent Video with Adobe After Effects CS4
- May 19, 2009
- Transparency plays a key role in the success of animation and interactivity. By embedding transparency into graphic elements, you can composite together different elements created at different times, allowing for true flexibility.
- Distorting Objects with the Puppet Tools in After Effects CS3
- Nov 14, 2008
- Pull, squash, stretch, and otherwise deform objects onscreen using the After Effect CS3 Puppet tools. Whether you're creating realistic animations, fantastic scenarios, or modern art, the Adobe Creative Team shows you how the Puppet tools can expand your creative freedom.
- Five Best New Features of Adobe® After Effects® CS5
- Jun 15, 2010
- Rob Birnholz and Ian Robinson, contributing authors to Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques, take a break to discuss their top five favorite new features of Adobe After Effects CS5. Whether you use After Effects for hard-core compositing or you’re a designer looking to push your projects to the next level, there’s something new for everyone.
- Flash Essentials for After Effects Users
- Jun 17, 2009
- Flash baffles After Effects users as often as it makes them feel comfortable. This chapter from Rich Harrington introduces you to Flash’s interface and core animation techniques.
- Getting in Gear: An After Effects 5 Tutorial
- Oct 1, 2001
- by Antony Bolante, author of Adobe After Effects 5: Visual QuickStart Guide
- Getting Started and Getting to Know the Workflow of Adobe After Effects CS4
- Mar 2, 2009
- Learn the how to get started and the basic workflow of Adobe After Effects CS4, including how to create a project and import footage, create compositions and arrange layers, navigate the Adobe After Effects interface and more.
- How to Optimize Projects in Adobe After Effects CS5
- Nov 10, 2010
- This chapter examines how image data flows through an After Effects project in close detail. It's full of the kind of information that will help you make the most of After Effects.