- Creating Animations in Adobe InDesign CC: Growth and Rotation
- Oct 1, 2015
- In this chapter from Creating Animations in Adobe InDesign CC One Step at a Time, you’ll learn how to apply the animation presets that make objects grow or shrink as well as rotate.
- Working with Objects in Adobe InDesign CC (2015 release)
- Sep 29, 2015
- In this excerpt from Adobe InDesign CC Classroom in a Book (2015 release), you'll learn how to work with layers, create and edit text frames and graphics frames, import graphics into graphics frames, import multiple graphics into a grid of frames, crop, move, and scale graphics, adjust the space between frames, add captions to graphics frames, place and link graphics frames, change the shape of frames, wrap text around an object, create complex frame shapes, convert frame shapes to other shapes, modify and align objects, select and modify multiple objects, and create a QR code.
- Adding Graphics to Table Cells in Adobe InDesign CC (2015 release)
- Jun 19, 2015
- Learn how to add photos or other graphics to table cells in this excerpt from Adobe InDesign CC Classroom in a Book (2015 release).
- Working with Color Themes in Adobe InDesign CC (2015 release)
- Jun 19, 2015
- To create colors that complement an image you are using in a document, you can
use the InDesign Color Theme tool. This excerpt from Adobe InDesign CC Classroom in a Book (2015 release) shows you how.
- Working with Paragraph Shading in Adobe InDesign CC (2015 release)
- Jun 19, 2015
- InDesign CC 2015 provides a new paragraph shading feature that you can quickly and automatically apply through a paragraph style. In addition, InDesign provides many options for fine-tuning the shading, as you'll see in this excerpt from Adobe InDesign CC Classroom in a Book (2015 release).
- Working with Animations in Adobe InDesign CC
- Jan 1, 2015
- Even if you’ve never created any sort of video or animation, it’s easy to apply motion effects to InDesign elements. Learn how in this excerpt from Digital Publishing with Adobe InDesign CC: Moving Beyond Print to Digital.
- Interview with Diane Burns and Sandee Cohen on Digital Publishing with Adobe InDesign CC
- Dec 26, 2014
- Diane Burns and Sandee Cohen, authors of Digital Publishing with Adobe InDesign CC, answer interview questions for designers about moving from print to digital format and layout.
- Working with Objects in Adobe InDesign CC (2014 release)
- Aug 19, 2014
- In this lesson from Adobe InDesign CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release), you’ll work on a pair of spreads that make up a four-page newsletter. You’ll add text and images and make several modifications to the objects on the two spreads.
- Getting to Know Adobe InDesign CC (2014 release)
- Jun 23, 2014
- In this excerpt from Adobe InDesign CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release), Kelly Kordes Anton and John Cruise get you up to speed with Adobe InDesign CC (2014 release).
- Sidestepping the Banana Skins: How to Avoid Common Type Mistakes in InDesign
- Apr 16, 2014
- Don't make yourself easy prey for the type pedants out there who will mock you for using an opening quote mark instead of an apostrophe. While rules are made to be broken, Nigel French, author of InDesign Type: Professional Typography with Adobe InDesign, 3rd Edition, offers ten rules of InDesign type that should (almost) never be broken.
- Working with Leading in Adobe InDesign
- Mar 10, 2014
- Nigel French discusses leading—the space between lines of type— in this excerpt from InDesign Type: Professional Typography with Adobe InDesign, 3rd Edition. Nigel talks about how much is enough, screen leading, auto leading, and consistency.
- Adding Form Fields in Adobe InDesign CC
- May 15, 2013
- In this excerpt, learn how to add text fields, add radio buttons, add a combo box, add a description to a form field, set the tab order of the fields, and add a button to submit the form.
- 10 Fundamental Rules of Designing for Digital Magazines
- Nov 29, 2012
- Is your online magazine just an electronic version of your print publication? You're wasting a huge opportunity! In 10 quick tips, Sandee Cohen, co-author of Digital Publishing with Adobe InDesign CS 6, demonstrates how to give immediacy and freshness to your digital magazine's experience.
- Using Adobe Digital Publishing Suite for Tablet Applications
- Sep 27, 2012
- With InDesign and Adobe’s complementary set of tools, known as the Digital Publishing Suite, a whole new world of design and interactivity has opened up to designers and publishers everywhere. This chapter covers the Digital Publishing Suite apps, design and workflow considerations, setting up your document, interactivity and digital overlays, the Folio Builder Panel, Folio Producer, and publishing your app to a store.
- Transparency: Working with Effects in Adobe InDesign CS6
- Jun 11, 2012
- You can apply transparency by using the nine transparency effects in InDesign. This excerpt from Adobe InDesign CS6 Classroom in a Book shows you how.
- Creating a Horizontal Layout in Adobe InDesign CS6
- Jun 7, 2012
- Learn how to create an alternate layout in Adobe InDesign CS6 for the landscape (horizonal) orientation that you'll need for a mobile device’s multiple orientations.
- Creating and Applying Paragraph and Character Styles in Adobe InDesign CS6
- May 9, 2012
- This excerpt from Adobe InDesign CS6 Classroom in a Book shows you how to create and apply paragraph and character styles.
- Working with Paragraph Composers and Tabs in Adobe InDesign CS6
- May 9, 2012
- This excerpt from Adobe InDesign CS6 Classroom in a Book shows you how to apply the Adobe paragraph and single-line composers, set tabs, and add a rule above a paragraph.
- Setting Up Layout Rules for a Mobile App Design in Adobe InDesign CS6
- May 3, 2012
- This excerpt from Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design and Web Premium Classroom in a Book shows you how InDesign lets you work with alternate
layouts and helps you adapt your layouts with Liquid Layout rules.
- Create Polished eBooks with New Features in InDesign CS5.5
- Aug 22, 2011
- For several versions, InDesign has been able to convert your print–only content to the .epub file format. With the release of InDesign CS5.5, that process has been made much easier. Adobe expert Brian Wood shows you some of the great new features available with Adobe InDesign CS5.5.