- Editing and Combining Shapes and Paths in Adobe Illustrator CC (2015 release)
- Jan 14, 2016
- In this lesson from Adobe Illustrator CC Classroom in a Book (2015 release), you'll take basic shapes and paths and learn how to both edit and combine them to create new artwork.
- Huge Time-Saving Features in Illustrator
- Jul 16, 2015
- Brian Wood, web developer and author of Adobe Illustrator CC 2014 Classroom in a Book, shows you how to work faster using several time-saving features in Adobe Illustrator.
- Vector and Raster: A Marriage Made in Illustrator
- Jul 8, 2015
- Illustrator has long been known for its vector prowess, but did you know that it also plays well with raster? Brian Wood, web developer and author of Adobe Illustrator CC 2014 Classroom in a Book , will take you through a tour of the raster capabilities of Adobe Illustrator.
- Top 10 Reasons Why Illustrator CC Is Great for Web Design
- Jun 29, 2015
- With the proliferation of different devices that visitors can use on a site, designing for the Web has become ever more complicated. Why not take advantage of your old friend Adobe Illustrator to design a new site, or to freshen an existing one? Brian Wood, web developer and author of Adobe Illustrator CC 2014 Classroom in a Book, presents some compelling arguments for sticking with this well-known product, including some features you might never have explored.
- The Power of the Creative Cloud and Illustrator CC (2015)
- Jun 22, 2015
- With the power of Adobe Illustrator the Adobe Creative Cloud, Libraries, and mobile apps, Adobe has created a seamless creative workflow where you can access your content anywhere. Brian Wood, web developer and author of Adobe Illustrator CC 2014 Classroom in a Book, will show you how to take advantage of the Creative Cloud capabilities with Adobe Illustrator.
- Adobe Illustrator: New Ways to Draw
- Jun 8, 2015
- Recent Adobe Illustrator updates have focused on core tools, resulting in a lot of love for the drawing tools. Web developer Brian Wood, author of Adobe Illustrator CC 2014 Classroom in a Book, explores the latest drawing features, including updates to the Pen and Pencil tools, the new Curvature tool, and improvements in how users select and edit paths.
- Creating Vector Art with Adobe Shape and Adobe Illustrator
- Feb 26, 2015
- With the release of Adobe Shape, capturing inspiration in the form of vector art just got easier. Adobe Shape traces images you capture from different sources and the resulting vector artwork can be shared with others or brought to Illustrator and edited. In this article, web developer Brian Wood looks at how Adobe Shape works and follows an Adobe Shape to Illustrator workflow.
- Transforming Artwork in Adobe Illustrator CC
- Nov 24, 2014
- In this excerpt from Adobe Illustrator CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release), you’ll create content and use it in a ticket for a sporting event. You'll learn how to add, edit, rename, reorder and navigate artboards, work with rulers and guides, move, scale, and rotate objects, reflect, shear, and distort objects, position objects with precision, position and align content with Smart Guides, use the Free Transform tool to distort an object, and create a PDF.
- Working with Basic Shapes in Adobe Illustrator CC (2014 release)
- Nov 3, 2014
- Brian Wood walks you through part of a postcard project using Adobe Illustrator CC in this excerpt from Adobe Illustrator CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release).
- Top 10 New Features in Adobe Illustrator CC 17.1 (January 2014)
- Feb 5, 2014
- Brian Wood, contributor to Adobe Illustrator CC Classroom in a Book, loves the handy new (and often long-awaited) features in Illustrator Creative Cloud (CC).
- Using Pattern Brushes in Adobe Illustrator CC
- May 15, 2013
- In Adobe Illustrator CC, there are hundreds of interesting Pattern brushes that you can choose from when creating your own projects, from grass to cityscapes. This excerpt shows you how to apply an existing Pattern brush to a path.
- Adobe Illustrator Master Class: Rian Saputra
- Jan 29, 2013
- This excerpt from Adobe Master Class: Illustrator Inspiring artwork and tutorials by established and emerging artists profiles artist Rian Saputra.
- Adobe Illustrator Master Class: An Interview with Sharon Milne
- Jan 8, 2013
- Peachpit interviews Sharon Milne, author of Adobe Master Class: Illustrator Inspiring artwork and tutorials by established and emerging artists, about her book, what binds Illustrator artists together, and why vector illustration is so important.
- Working with Image Trace in Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Sep 26, 2012
- Brian Wood, contributor to Adobe Illustrator CS6 Classroom in a Book, demonstrates how to trace raster images like the pros by using the Image Trace tool in Illustrator CS6.
- Hidden Gems in Adobe Illustrator
- Sep 19, 2012
- Brian Wood, contributor to Adobe Illustrator CS6 Classroom in a Book, shows you how to optimize content for use in projects such as websites, apps, and more.
- UI Design with Adobe Illustrator CS6, Part 3: Visualizing Interactions with Animation
- Sep 10, 2012
- Rick Moore, author of UI Design with Adobe Illustrator, takes us on a whirlwind run through creating animations to test interactions in Illustrator. Hold onto your hat!
- UI Design with Adobe Illustrator CS6, Part 2: Creating Vector Icons
- Sep 3, 2012
- Wish you had an efficient way to create custom icons in multiple sizes for use on your websites and in your applications? Adobe Illustrator CS6 grants you the power, as demonstrated by Rick Moore, author of UI Design with Adobe Illustrator.
- UI Design with Adobe Illustrator CS6, Part 1: Flipping Wireframes
- Aug 27, 2012
- Adobe Illustrator makes it easy to create wireframes and then seamlessly flip them to final art. Rick Moore, author of UI Design with Adobe Illustrator, demonstrates how to use Illustrator's symbols, graphic and character styles, and the Find Font tool to turn a sample user interface wireframe into a presentation-ready design.
- The Building Blocks of UI Design with Adobe Illustrator
- Aug 23, 2012
- This chapter takes a look at the basic features that Illustrator provides for the building blocks of UI design.
- UI Design with Adobe Illustrator CS6: The Illustrator Workspace
- Apr 23, 2012
- The Adobe Illustrator workspace is designed to allow you to be as creative as you want without a lot of distractions. In this excerpt from UI Design with Adobe Illustrator, Rick Moore shows you how to choose the right measurement units, select the optimal color space, and create artboards and organize your work.