- Working with Shape Layers in Adobe After Effects CC (2015 release)
- Feb 3, 2016
- Shape layers make it easy to create expressive backgrounds and intriguing results. You can animate shapes, apply animation presets, and add Repeaters to intensify their impact. Learn how in this chapter from Adobe After Effects CC Classroom in a Book (2015 release).
- Animating Text in Adobe After Effects CC (2014 release)
- Dec 23, 2014
- Adobe After Effects offers many ways to animate text. You can animate text layers by manually creating keyframes in the Timeline panel, using animation presets, or using expressions. You can even animate individual characters or words in a text layer. In this lesson from Adobe After Effects CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release), you’ll employ several different animation techniques, including some that are unique to text, while you design the opening title credits for an animated documentary called Road Trip. You’ll also take advantage of Adobe Typekit to install a font for use in your project.
- Saving Assets with Adobe Generator
- Sep 16, 2014
- This excerpt from Adobe After Effects CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release) shows you how Adobe Generator can easily generate a JPEG, PNG, or GIF image from the contents of a layer or layer group in a Photoshop file.
- Adjusting the Layers and Creating a Track Matte in Adobe After Effects CC
- May 15, 2013
- Learn how to precompose layers, create the track matte, and add motion blur in Adobe After Effects CC.
- Adobe After Effects CS6 Studio Techniques for Editors: Approachable VFX for Non-Specialists
- Nov 1, 2012
- Too often, editors are afraid of using After Effects, because they don't aim for the more manageable and appropriate things you can do in AE. Mark Christiansen, author of Adobe After Effects CS6 Visual Effects and Compositing Studio Techniques, shows how powerful After Effects can be when you use it to handle even commonplace tasks.
- Using the New Warp Stabilizer in Adobe After Effects CS6
- Apr 23, 2012
- In this excerpt from Adobe After Effects CS6 Classroom in a Book, you will learn how to use the Warp Stabilizer to stabilize a handheld camera shot and to track one object to another in an image so that their motion is synchronized. Then you will use corner-pinning to track an object with perspective. Finally, you will explore some of the high-end digital effects available in After Effects CS6: a particle system generator and the Timewarp effect.
- Building 3D Objects in Adobe After Effects CS5
- Dec 10, 2010
- This excerpt from Adobe After Effects CS5 Classroom in a Book shows you how to create and control basic 3D layers.
- Using 3D Features in Adobe After Effects CS5
- Dec 10, 2010
This excerpt from Adobe After Effects CS5 Classroom in a Book shows you how to add lights, effects, reflections, and other elements to a composition. In doing so, you’ll learn how to use additional 3D features available in Adobe After Effects.
- Using the Roto Brush tool in Adobe After Effects CS5
- Dec 10, 2010
- This excerpt from Adobe After Effects CS5 Classroom in a Book shows you how to use the new Roto Brush tool in After Effects CS5, which is much faster than conventional rotoscoping, and for movies with complex backgrounds, much easier than keying.
- Working with Masks in Adobe After Effects CS5
- Dec 10, 2010
- This excerpt from Adobe After Effects CS5 Classroom in a Book shows you how to create a mask using the Pen tool, edit a mask, feather a mask edge, create a vignette, and more.
- How to Optimize Projects in Adobe After Effects CS5
- Nov 10, 2010
- This chapter examines how image data flows through an After Effects project in close detail. It's full of the kind of information that will help you make the most of After Effects.
- Top Five Features in Adobe After Effects CS5
- Jul 19, 2010
- Mark Christiansen, author of Adobe After Effects CS4 Visual Effects and Compositing Studio Techniques, points out his favorite changes in the latest version of the program.
- Five Best New Features of Adobe® After Effects® CS5
- Jun 15, 2010
- Rob Birnholz and Ian Robinson, contributing authors to Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques, take a break to discuss their top five favorite new features of Adobe After Effects CS5. Whether you use After Effects for hard-core compositing or you’re a designer looking to push your projects to the next level, there’s something new for everyone.
- Adobe® After Effects® CS5 Classroom in a Book: Adding Deform Pins
- Apr 17, 2010
- Deform pins are the main component of the Puppet effect. This excerpt from Adobea® After Effects® CS5 Classroom in a Book shows you how to add deform pins.
- After Effects Essentials for Flash Users
- Jun 18, 2009
- For a Flash user, the core principles of After Effects will seem similar. Elements are stacked from top to bottom in a timeline and then animated with keyframes. From there, the similarities pretty much end. Rich Harrington investigates the differences.
- Flash Essentials for After Effects Users
- Jun 17, 2009
- Flash baffles After Effects users as often as it makes them feel comfortable. This chapter from Rich Harrington introduces you to Flash’s interface and core animation techniques.
- Creating Transparent Video with Adobe After Effects CS4
- May 19, 2009
- Transparency plays a key role in the success of animation and interactivity. By embedding transparency into graphic elements, you can composite together different elements created at different times, allowing for true flexibility.
- Adobe After Effects CS4: Optimize the Pipeline
- Apr 9, 2009
- This chapter examines how image data flows through an After Effects project in detail. That may not sound gripping until you realize how much your creativity is hampered by remaining ignorant of this stuff.
- Getting Started and Getting to Know the Workflow of Adobe After Effects CS4
- Mar 2, 2009
- Learn the how to get started and the basic workflow of Adobe After Effects CS4, including how to create a project and import footage, create compositions and arrange layers, navigate the Adobe After Effects interface and more.
- Color Keying in After Effects CS3
- Nov 19, 2008
- Are your matte edges crunchy, chewy, contrasty, solid, sizzling? Do these terms even mean anything to you? They will by the time Mark Christiansen finishes showing you how to work with After Effects CS3 color keying.