- Learn Adobe Dreamweaver CC for Web Authoring: Getting the Big Picture
- Feb 16, 2016
- In this chapter, you’ll take a look at the ways you can use images to further define the look and feel of a design, how to insert and position images, and the tools that Dreamweaver provides to help you get those jobs done.
- Web Design Basics in Adobe Dreamweaver CC (2015 release)
- Feb 2, 2016
- Whether you use thumbnails and wireframes, Photoshop, or just a vivid imagination, Dreamweaver can quickly turn your design concepts into complete, standards-based CSS layouts. Jim Maivald hits some web design basics in this chapter from Adobe Dreamweaver CC Classroom in a Book (2015 release).
- Dreamweaver Meets the Challenge of Changing Times
- May 5, 2015
- Long dominant in web design, Dreamweaver continues holding its first-place standing by improving with time. David Powers, author of Adobe Dreamweaver CC Learn by Video (2014 release), points out additions to Dreamweaver CC 2014.1 that make life a little easier for web designers, whether they hate dealing with code, or love it.
- Web Design Basics for Adobe Dreamweaver CC
- Jan 26, 2015
- Whether you use thumbnails and wireframes, Photoshop or just a vivid imagination, Dreamweaver can quickly turn your design concepts into complete, standards-based CSS layouts. In this chapter from Adobe Dreamweaver CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release), James J. Maivald covers the basics of webpage design, how to create page thumbnails and wireframes, and how to use Photoshop to generate site image assets automatically.
- Previewing Files and Modifying Existing CSS Layouts Using Adobe Dreamweaver CC
- May 15, 2013
- Learn how to modify an existing CSS layout in Adobe Dreamweaver CC.
- How to Preview a Website for Mobile Screens in Adobe Dreamweaver CS6
- May 5, 2012
- Learn how to preview a website for mobile screens, including how to locate the finished layout using the Files panel, which lets you browse files without leaving Dreamweaver. You’ll also try the Multiscreen Preview, which lets you see how your site looks at multiple sizes at once.
- Designing Responsive Web Pages Using a Fluid Grid Layout in Adobe Dreamweaver CS6
- May 3, 2012
- In the following excerpt from Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design and Web Premium Classroom in a Book, you’ll work on two pages of a prototype website in Adobe Dreamweaver. You’ll learn how to quickly set up a web page layout that adapts to different screen sizes, and preview the design in a web browser.
- Creating a Page Layout with Adobe Dreamweaver CS6
- Apr 23, 2012
- In this lesson from Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Classroom in a Book, you’ll learn the basics of webpage design, how to create design thumbnails and wireframes, insert and format new components into a predefined CSS layout, use Code Navigator to identify CSS formatting, and check for browser compatibility.
- Turning Web Pages into Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5
- Sep 14, 2011
- David Karlins, author of Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques, concludes his three-part miniseries on how to get mobile with Dreamweaver. This article walks through the relatively easy process of turning a mobile-friendly web page into an app that runs on iOS or Android. Amazingly, Dreamweaver does most of the work, and no coding is needed!
- (Serious) Fun with Web, Mobile, and Dreamweaver CS5.5
- Aug 30, 2011
- With the rapid spread of smartphones and tablets, responsive web design has become the order of the day. No problem, argues David Powers, author of Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 Studio Techniques: Designing and Developing for Mobile with jQuery, HTML5, and CSS3. Dreamweaver CS5.5 puts the necessary tools at your disposal, and formerly dreaded chores, like rounding corners on elements, or adding drop shadows and transparent backgrounds, have become a real pleasure.
- Customizing Mobile Pages with jQuery Mobile in Dreamweaver CS5.5
- Aug 18, 2011
- New starter pages in Dreamweaver CS5.5 serve as templates for building mobile-friendly pages with jQuery Mobile animation and interactivity. Or you can use jQuery Mobile widgets to design mobile-friendly pages from scratch, with your own choice of jQuery Mobile objects. All without coding! David Karlins, author of Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques, explores this Dreamweaver magic.
- Style Your Website for Multiple Devices Using Dreamweaver CS5.5
- Aug 10, 2011
- To get a site to work properly across multiple devices used to be more a challenge than it is today. For instance, Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 has built-in tools that help you design for multiple devices including personal computers, tablets, and phones. In this article, Adobe expert Brian Wood shows you how to use CSS3 media queries, Multiscreen Preview, and various other tools, to easily take your design and get it to work on different devices.
- Building Mobile Pages with Dreamweaver CS5.5
- Aug 3, 2011
- Dreamweaver CS5.5 Studio Techniques: Progressive Enhancement with HTML5 and CSS3
- Jul 18, 2011
- In this chapter, you’ll learn how to apply progressive enhancement to a website for a fictitious hotel.
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 Studio Techniques: Making Your Site Available Offline
- Jun 30, 2011
- In this chapter, you'll learn how to make a site available offline by creating a file that not only tells the browser which files to cache, but also specifies substitute files for offline use.
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 with PHP: Validating Input on the Server
- Feb 22, 2011
- In this lesson, with the help of a powerful third-party script library—Zend Framework— David Powers shows you how to create a robust user registration system that validates input on the server.
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 with PHP: Why PHP and Why Dreamweaver CS5?
- Feb 21, 2011
- David Powers explains how Dreamweaver has become a powerful development environment for PHP without losing any of its visual development features.
- Presenting HTML5 Video with Dreamweaver CS5
- Oct 4, 2010
- Want to present video in your Dreamweaver-built website, but not sure you want to use Flash video? David Karlins, author of Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium How-Tos: Essential Techniques, has the solution. This tutorial shows you in easy-to-follow steps how to work with Dreamweaver in your site to implement HTML5 video that will work with many browsers.
- Using the Dreamweaver CS5 HTML5 Pack to Create CSS3 Transforms
- Sep 27, 2010
- By using CSS3 style sheets, you can apply some pretty cool visual effects to content in your web pages. David Karlins, author of Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium How-Tos: Essential Techniques, shows how to work with a few of these effects in Dreamweaver CS5.
- Embedding HTML5 Audio with Dreamweaver CS5
- Sep 13, 2010
- David Karlins, author of Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium How-Tos: Essential Techniques, provides a step-by-step walkthrough of the process for using the HTML5 Audio element to present audio in a Dreamweaver-designed website.