- Animating Symbols in Adobe Flash Professional CC (2014 release)
- Sep 29, 2014
- In this excerpt from Adobe Flash Professional CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release), learn how to use Flash Professional to change almost any aspect of an object—position, color, transparency, size, rotation, and more—over time. Motion tweening is the basic technique of creating animation with symbol instances.
- Animating Shapes with Shape Tweens in Adobe Flash Professional CC (2014 release)
- Jul 18, 2014
- You’ll start the lesson by viewing the animated logo that you’ll create as you learn about shape tweens and masks in Flash, in this chapter from Adobe Flash Professional CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release).
- Exciting Updates to Flash Professional CC
- Dec 4, 2013
- Experienced instructor and Flash Platform expert Joseph Labrecque presents an introduction to much of what is new in Flash Professional CC; namely, the introduction of native HTML5 Canvas.
- Creating and Using Masks in Adobe Flash Professional CC
- May 16, 2013
- Learn to work with masks in Adobe Flash Professional CC, including defining the mask layer, creating the masked layer, and seeing the effects of the mask.
- Using Adobe Media Encoder in Flash Professional CC
- May 16, 2013
- You can convert your video files to the proper FLV or F4V format using Adobe Media Encoder, a stand-alone application that comes with Flash Professional. Adobe Media Encoder can convert single files or multiple files (known as batch processing) to make your workflow easier.
- Adobe Flash CS6 Classroom in a Book: Creating a Home Button with Code Snippets
- May 30, 2012
- In this excerpt from Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Classroom in a Book, you'll learn to use the Code Snippets panel to add ActionScript to your project.
- Adobe Flash CS6 Classroom in a Book: Publishing for a Mobile Device
- Apr 23, 2012
- Learn how to publish Flash content for mobile devices running on Android or on Apple’s iOS using the mobile device simulator available with Adobe Flash Professional CS6.
- What’s New and Improved in Adobe Flash CS5.5
- Sep 29, 2011
- Adobe Flash just keeps getting more powerful as the versions roll on, and CS5.5 is no exception. While those services are very useful, Adobe expert Brian Wood shows us how the latest version of Flash has something for everyone, and walks us through his top ten list of new features.
- An Introduction to 3D in Flash
- Apr 13, 2011
- One of the main reasons that the Flash platform has remained as popular as it has for so long is that Flash has continuously evolved to meet the demands of its audience. In the first of a series of articles on using 3D in Flash applications, Chris Florio, contributor to ActionScript 3.0 for Flash Professional CS5 Classroom in a Book, shows how to use 3D features (and limitations) that currently exist in Flash Professional CS5 and in Flash Player 10 using both the Flash interface and ActionScript.
- Introduction to Flash Animation in InDesign CS5
- Dec 15, 2010
- Who says you need to work with Adobe Flash to create Flash content? Adobe InDesign CS5 adds a load of new features and panels that enable you to add interactivity to your documents. From motion, buttons, video, and more, Brian Wood shows how you can turn your InDesign documents into multimedia extravaganzas!
- Applying Transitions and Actions in Flash Catalyst CS5
- Dec 8, 2010
- Create Flash objects in Catalyst that literally hop, skip, and jump to liven up your website. And do it without Flash! David Karlins, author of Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques, takes you through the Catalyst techniques that make this miracle possible.
- Building Adobe WorkflowLab, Part 5: Designing WorkflowLab
- Dec 1, 2010
- Continuing their series on the design and creation of WorkflowLab, Aaron Pedersen, James Polanco, and Doug Winnie, the authors of Adobe Flash Platform from Start to Finish: Working Collaboratively Using Adobe Creative Suite 5, discuss the final UI design process used to create the design comps and assets required to complete the project.
- An Introduction to Using Code Snippets in Flash CS5
- Nov 30, 2010
- Chris Florio introduces the new Code Snippets feature in Flash CS5. This article shows how to add rich interactivity to Flash projects without writing any code, as well as how to modify the code snippets that Flash creates to customize your interactivity without a mastery of programming syntax.
- Create Custom Media Player Controls in Flash Catalyst CS5
- Nov 15, 2010
- David Karlins, author of Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques, demonstrates an easy way to create video player controls, without the need for Flash or scripting of any kind. You can adapt the simple shapes available in Flash Catalyst, providing them with the power of interaction to make them serve as play, pause, and stop player buttons.
- Creating Flash Animations in Adobe Illustrator CS5
- Nov 9, 2010
- Brian Wood, contributor to Adobe Illustrator CS5 Classroom in a Book, demonstrates a handy technique for animating Illustrator artwork or creating simple animations without the help of Flash.
- Creating a Four-State Button with Flash Catalyst CS5
- Nov 2, 2010
- With the help of the new Flash Catalyst, David Karlins, author of Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques, demonstrates how to create a simple but powerful Flash object for embedding into a Dreamweaver website. No need to open Illustrator, Photoshop, or Flash Professional!
- Welcome to Flash Catalyst “Panini”
- Oct 25, 2010
- Adobe has recently released a preview of the next version of Flash Catalyst, code-named “Panini.” Chris Griffith takes a look at what Panini has to offer.
- Animation with Scripting for Adobe Flash Professional CS5 Studio Techniques: Character Animation
- Sep 30, 2010
- Optimization and efficiency are key elements for a web project that needs to load quickly and play smoothly. Chris Georgenes and Just Putney explain how to animate characters in Adobe Flash Professional CS5.
- Adobe® Flash® Catalyst™ CS5 - A Smart Choice for Web Designers
- Apr 19, 2010
- Using Flash Catalyst, designers can publish working Flex applications without writing a single line of code. Scott Tapley takes a look at ten features and benefits that make Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 a smart choice for anyone who produces interactive content for the web or desktop.
- ActionScript® 3.0 for Adobe® Flash® Professional CS5 Classroom in a Book: Adding ActionScript Using Code Snippets
- Apr 14, 2010
- This excerpt from ActionScript® 3.0 for Adobe® Flash® Professional CS5 Classroom in a Book shows how to add ActionScript using code snippets.