Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Adobe After Effects 7.0 Studio Techniques
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Copyright 2006
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-38552-7
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-38552-9
Ready to learn the visual effects techniques used at such leading-edge studios as Industrial Light + Magic and The Orphanage? Adobe After Effects 7.0 Studio Techniques inspires you to take your work to the next level with real-world examples and insider techniques. With this under-the-hood, in-depth guide to Adobe's updated motion graphics and effects powerhouse, you'll get complete coverage of all the big features in After Effects 7.0: High dynamic range (HDR) 32 bit per channel color compositing, cinema preview and color management, a redesigned user interface, a new Graph Editor to animate using explicit translation curves, retiming effects using Timewarp, and dozens of other enhancements. Get blockbuster results without the big budget as you delve deep into the essence of visual effects. This book goes beyond conventional step-by-step instruction, teaching you bread-and-butter effects that you can adapt and combine for countless projects.
- Real solutions from real professionals: learn the techniques and approach used to create shots for big-budget special effects films.
- Compositing essentials: No matter how sophisticated the effect, they all begin with the same building blocks. Find out what you've been missing about color and light matching, keying, motion tracking, rotoscoping, working with film, and more.
- Advanced techniques: Your goal should be effects so good that no one notices them. From sky replacement to explosions, from smoke to fire, learn to bring your shots to life and enhance scenes without anyone ever knowing what they're seeing isn't 100% real.
- Companion CD-ROM: Professional tools produce professional results. The book’s companion disc includes plenty of sample projects including HD footage from Pixel Corps and the Artbeats Digital Film Library, as well as more than a dozen plug-ins and programs that you can use to build up and customize your own effects.
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
Section I: Working Foundations
1 7.0 UI Primer
2 The Timeline and Animation
3 Selections: The Key to Compositing
4 Optimizing Your Projects
Section II: Effects Compositing Essentials
5 Color and Light: Adjusting and Matching
6 Color Keying
7 Rotoscoping and Paint
8 Effective Motion Tracking
9 Virtual Cinematography
11 Film, HDR, and 32-Bit Compositing
Section III: Creative Explorations
12 Working with Light
13 Climate: Air, Water, Smoke, Clouds
14 Pyrotechnics: Fire, Explosions, Energy Phenomena
15 Learning to See
Other Things You Might Like
- Adobe After Effects Classroom in a Book (2020 release) (Web Edition)
- Web Edition $38.39
- Adobe After Effects Classroom in a Book (2020 release)
- eBook (Watermarked) $38.39