Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Creating Animations in Adobe InDesign CC One Step at a Time
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Your Price: $25.59
- List Price: $31.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
• Students learn the theory and best practices for creating animations in InDesign CC.
• Clear explanations and plenty of full-color graphics will guide students through the potentially confusing digital publishing landscape.
• Covers over two hundred different effects students can create using the animation features of InDesign.
• Chapter exercises will start very basic and then work up.
• Expert author Sandee Cohen brings her experience as a teacher to demystifying digital publishing.
- Copyright 2016
- Dimensions: 7" x 9"
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-417611-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-417611-6
Designers or other creative professionals who create digital documents are always looking for ways to make their products more appealing to the user. One way of doing that is to increase reader engagement by building interactive animated effects into their designs. Creating Animations in Adobe InDesign One Step at a Time teaches the reader not only how to add animation to their InDesign documents (via step-by-step exercises) but also helps the reader to choose among the various digital format options for export– ePub (concentrating on the new Fixed-Layout variety), DPS , and PDF. Clear explanations and plenty of full-color graphics will guide the reader through the potentially confusing digital publishing landscape.
Adding animated effects in InDesign documents is a field set to grow. The practice was given a big push in the 2014 release of the Adobe Creative Cloud, when InDesign introduced the new Fixed-Layout EPUB export format. EPUBS exported in this format preserve the layout of the InDesign document, and can include animated effects as well as media, such as audio and video.
Fixed-Layout EPUB has gathered a large following in a short time for a number of reasons. They allow ePubs such as children’s books to display fun animations to enhance the child’s reading experience. They provide businesses a way to create all the interactivity of PDF documents PLUS animations not supported by PDFs. They are a viable replacement for Single Edition DPS folios which Adobe longer supports.
The book will cover over two hundred different effects you can create using the animation features of InDesign. These include animations that don’t appear in the regular animation controls. Each chapter will have four or more exercises that the reader can follow along. The chapter exercises will start very basic and then work up. So the last exercise in each chapter will take more time than the first. This means someone can go through the book doing only the easy exercises in each chapter and come back later to get more involved.
Some of the exercises will use basic shapes. Other exercises will use more advanced artwork. All the artwork, including the basic shapes, will be available for download by the reader so they can follow along with the exercises. In addition, the finished artwork for each exercise will also be provided to allow the readers to see how the animation is supposed to work.
Written a longtime publishing expert, the book thoroughly covers the theory and best practices for creating animations in InDesign CC.
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
1. Setting an animation workspace
2. Basic Animation settings
3. Running the AnimationEncyclopeda script.
4. Simple motion paths
5. Advanced motion paths
6. Advanced (properties) settings
7. Combining animations
8. Special effects
9. Using layers
10. Using the Timing panel
11. Using buttons to trigger animations
13. Business and Presentation effects
14. Modifying the animations using IDML objects
15. Export the FXL ePub
16. Where to use animations
Other Things You Might Like
- Adobe InDesign Classroom in a Book (2020 release)
- eBook (Watermarked) $38.39
- Adobe InDesign Classroom in a Book (2020 release) (Web Edition)
- Web Edition $38.39