Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Design Essentials for Adobe Photoshop 7 and Illustrator 10, 4th Edition
- This product currently is not for sale.
- NEW - Fully updated to reflect Photoshop 7 and Illustrator 10.
Shows students how to take advantage of the latest creative and productivity features built into the newest versions of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Task-based, step-by-step coverage—Presents each task as a single two-page spread, with concise step-by-step instructions, tips, and full-color graphics.
Relies on pedagogical techniques proven to help students learn more quickly and effectively.
- Brings Photoshop and Illustrator together—Shows students how Photoshop and Illustrator can be combined to realize designs that would be difficult or impossible using either program alone.
Reflects the way graphics design students and professionals really work: switching between Photoshop and Illustrator to take advantage of each program's strengths.
- Broad coverage—Covers drawing, painting, patterns, textures, text effects, special effects, and more.
Covers virtually every area where students will benefit from using Photoshop and Illustrator together.
- Lay-flat binding—Designed to be especially simple for students to use at the computer.
Promotes student practice, experimentation, and deeper mastery.
- Authoritative coverage straight from the source—Authored by former Adobe creative director Luanne Seymour Cohen, who has extraordinary insider's knowledge of both Photoshop and Illustrator.
Reflects the best and most productive techniques Adobe has either created or encountered as the hub of the worldwide Adobe community.
- Copyright 2003
- Dimensions: 7-1/2 X 9-1/8
- Pages: 240
- Edition: 4th
- ISBN-10: 0-201-71363-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-201-71363-3
Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are two of the most widely-used and powerful image-editing and illustration programs available. Graphic designers, illustrators, artists, and Web gurus often turn to both products in tandem to create professional-quality graphics for print and the Web.
Design Essentials, which has been called "the Joy of Cooking for designers," is part tutorial, part inspirational resource for graphic designers and illustrators who are familiar with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and want to produce superb graphics. Perhaps you need to create text effects, patterns, textures, or transparent shadows? Look up the technique you want to learn, and this book leads you through the paces. Concise two-page spreads let readers digest the information quickly and easily--just follow the step-by-step text and four-color graphics. Readers will discover operations and techniques that open up new avenues of creativity.
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
(NOTE: Table of Contents not finalized at time of printing.)
Painted paper illustrations. Tissue-paper mosaics. Painterly images. Digital paintings. Painting foliage. Color-tinted photographs. Outlined images. Neon graphics. Cast shadows. Gradients on a path. Stippling.
Custom borders. Drawing foliage. Quick 3-D boxes. 3-D packages. 3-D bar charts. Shaded spheres. Perspective grids in Photoshop. Perspective grids in Illustrator. Seals, stars, spheres, and links. Map symbols.
3. Patterns and Textures.
Simple patterns. Texture patterns. Illustrator pattern tiles in Photoshop. Marbled paper. Textured 3-D graphics.
4. Text Effects.
Photos masked by type. Embossed type. Corroded type. Type with multiple outlines. Rainbow scratchboard type. Type on a circular path. Recessed type. 1960s poster type. Wet paint type. Chrome type.
5. Special Effects.
Simulated film grain. Posterized photographs. Blended image layers. Scanned objects as masks. Reverse shapes. Filter combinations. Digital woodcuts. Warhol-style images. Flat graphics on curved images.
Appendix A. Shortcuts and Handy Tips.
Appendix B. Combining Photoshop and Illustrator Files.
Photography and Illustration Credits.
Other Things You Might Like
- Adobe InDesign CC Classroom in a Book (2019 Release)
- eBook (Watermarked) $38.39