Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
The Hidden Power of Photoshop: Mastering Blend Modes and Adjustment Layers for Photography
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Updated and reorganized with roughly 50% new procedures, insights, and graphics – all directly focused on photography
- Contains dozens of hands-on, full-color examples that give students an edge in technical, personal, and commercial projects
- Complements recipes and step-by-step instructions with expert guidance for experimentation to expand students' knowledge and achieve deeper mastery
- By world-renowned Photoshop author and instructor Scott Valentine – and featuring power tips from experts including Katrin Eismann, Matt Kloskowski, and RC Concepcion
- Copyright 2021
- Dimensions: 8" x 10"
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-661282-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-661282-7
The Hidden Power of Adobe Photoshop for Photographers is about mastering your tools as a path towards mastering your art. Renowned Photoshop teacher Scott Valentine combines expert recipes and instructions with insightful technical and philosophical discussions that help you experiment and expand your knowledge, so you’re no longer dependent on specific settings or cookbook-style presentations.
Now revamped to focus specifically on digital photography, this edition contains dozens of hands-on examples and projects designed to give you an edge in technical, personal, and commercial projects – as well as indispensable advanced techniques for image enhancement and correction.
Valentine offers expert insights and approaches for using blending modes and adjustment layers, and using special effects, compositing, and illustration techniques more creatively. If you crave deeper understanding, greater flexibility, and more effective workflows – and you don’t just want to simulate someone else’s work – this is the Photoshop guide you’ve been searching for.
Table of Contents
Part 1: The Core Tools - Blending Modes and Adjustment Layers1. Introduction to How Photoshop 'Sees' Your Image2. Adjustment Layers3. Blending Modes
Part 2: RecipesSection 1: General CorrectionsSection 2: Targeted Corrections and EnhancementsSection 3: Effects and FinishingSection 4: Project Examples
Part 3: Reference
Appendix: Suggested Plugins
Other Things You Might Like
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 Classroom in a Book (Web Edition)
- Web Edition $35.19
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic Classroom in a Book (2020 release)
- eBook (Watermarked) $38.39