Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Learn Adobe Photoshop CS4 by Video: Core Training in Visual Communication
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Copyright 2009
- Edition: 1st
- Student Supplement
- ISBN-10: 0-321-63493-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-63493-1
Learn by Video offers you a refreshingly new and fun way to learn Adobe Photoshop CS4 and will help you get certified along the way!
This innovative new product from Adobe Press combines hours of interactive video and a printed reference to teach you the basics of Photoshop CS4. As the official training for the Adobe Certified Associate exam, Learn by Video teaches you not only the fundamentals of Photoshop, but also how to use the program to create effective forms of digital communication.
You’ll get an incredible 19 hours of video, presented by experienced instructors Gabriel Powell and Mikkel Aaland, as well as lesson files, assessment quizzes and review materials. The DVD is bundled with a printed booklet that provides a topic-by-topic guide to the video. The video is wrapped in a unique interface that allows the viewer to jump to any topic, and to bookmark individual topics for later review. Project files used in the lessons are included on the disk so the students can practice what they’ve learned, and review questions help to reinforce freshly gained knowledge. Other key features of Learn by Video include:
- Watch-and-Work mode: shrinks the video tutorials into a small window so you can work in Photoshop and watch the videos at the same time.
- Tutorials to Go!: Transfer selected videos to your iPhone, iPod or compatible cell phone
Learn Adobe Photoshop CS4 by Video presents basic principles of graphic design, including copyright, file formats, project planning, and file importing and exporting. Most of the video is devoted to fundamentals of Photoshop, introducing the user to the program’s interface, how to use essential tools and commands, and how to use the Layers feature. Image manipulation is covered, including color and tone adjustment, as well as retouching and combining images. More advanced topics include creative work such as the use of filters to achieve special effects, applying styles to layers, and combining type with imagery. Students also learn how to prepare images for a variety of uses, whether on screen or in print.
Table of Contents
2. Creating a Project from Start to Finish
3. Getting Started with Photoshop
4. Understanding the Concepts of Image Editing
5. Importing and Organizing Images
6. Photoshop Tools
7. Making Selections
8. Working with Layers
9. Masks and Transparency
10. Color Correction and Retouching
11. Working with Type
12. Transforming Images
13. Adding Creative Effects
14. Processing Camera Raw Images
15. Saving and Printing Images
16. Automating Photoshop
In the "Test Yourself" section of Chapter 7: Color Correction and Retouching, there is a question regarding the Dodge tool. The correct answer should be that the Dodge tool lightens an image.
Other Things You Might Like
- Adobe Photoshop Classroom in a Book (2021 release)
- eBook (Watermarked) $38.39
- Adobe Photoshop Classroom in a Book (2021 release), (Web Edition)
- Web Edition $38.39