Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Macromedia Flash MX: Training from the Source
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- NEW - Completely updated to reflect the latest Flash MX enhancements—Includes the Property inspector, new graphic design tools, and new video format support.
Shows students how to take full advantage of Flash MX's most important new creativity and productivity features; helps students familiar with earlier versions of Flash to upgrade quickly.
- Hands-on, project-based tutorials—Students learn Flash MX by building a complete Flash Web site incorporating several major projects.
Gives students extensive hands-on experience most books cannot provide.
- Macromedia's official Flash MX training curriculum—Approved by Macromedia's own product support teams.
Presents content proven to help students master Flash MX quickly and efficiently.
- Extensive pedagogical features—Chapters begin with overviews of content and learning objectives; and make extensive use of tips, notes, lists, and screen shots.
Uses proven teaching techniques that accelerate learning and improve retention.
- Systematic coverage of all core Flash features—Coverage includes file import, drawing, animation, audio, interactivity, navigation, publishing, and more.
Gives students a single source for mastering all of Flash MX, from beginning to advanced techniques.
- CD-ROM—Contains all source files, along with completed versions of each project.
Enables students to compare their work against that of the professionals.
- Copyright 2002
- Edition: 1st
- Premium Website
- ISBN-10: 0-201-79482-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-201-79482-3
With the introduction of Flash MX, the folks at Macromedia have transformed a pretty cool designer's tool for Web-based interaction into a full-fledged, professional-level application for developing sophisticated online content. Serious tools, however, typically require some serious instruction-and Flash MX is no exception. Luckily for you, there's Macromedia Flash: Training from the Source.
Using hands-on, project-based tutorials that you can tackle at your own pace, this invaluable reference provides the instruction you need to start designing professional-looking Web sites. Veteran author and Flash master Chrissy Rey takes you step-by-step through the development of a complex Flash project, grounding you in the basics before moving on to more complex topics like ActionScripting and the use of video. In the process, she covers both the old and the new, including the revamped user interface, the text and graphic tools that make their debut in MX, and the brand-new Properties inspector. With Flash MX on your computer and Macromedia Flash: Training from the Source at your side, you're ready to take on the world of interactive online content.
Online Sample Chapters
Table of Contents
Lesson 1. Learning Flash Basics.
Lesson 2. Adding Graphics and Text.
Lesson 3. Using Symbols and the Library.
Lesson 4. Creating Animation.
Lesson 5. Adding Basic Interactivity.
Lesson 6. Using Sound and Video.
Lesson 7. Programming with ActionScript.
Lesson 8. Using Components.
Lesson 9. Creating Dynamic Content.
Lesson 10. Creating Printable Movies.
Lesson 11. Optimizing Flash Content.
Lesson 12. Publishing a Flash Web Site.
Appendix A. Windows Shortcuts.
Appendix B. Macintosh Shortcuts.
Appendix C. Additional Resources.
Appendix D. ActionScript Quick Reference.
Updates & Corrections
On page 15, we recommend flashlite.net as a resource for more information on Flash MX. Unfortunately, flashlite.net is no longer in business.
Click below for a corrected Flash file for Lesson 9:
Page 234 There is a persistent typo. The Frame 11 reference should be Frame 12.
You should not have an issue selecting and entering an action into Frame 12.
Pages 289-303, changing POST to "GET" (with the quotes) will make the list for the zoo map work correctly.
Other Things You Might Like
- Adobe Animate Classroom in a Book (2020 release)
- Book $47.99
- Adobe Animate CC Classroom in a Book (2019 Release)
- eBook (Watermarked) $38.39