Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Web Analytics Action Hero: Using Analysis to Gain Insight and Optimize Your Business
- Your Price: $31.99
- List Price: $39.99
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7-1/2" x 9-1/8"
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-283797-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-283797-2
Companies need more than just web analysts and data-savvy marketers to be successful–they need action heroes!
While most of us never battle evil scientists or defuse nuclear warheads, successful web analysts benefit from the same attributes that fictional action heroes embody. As a web analyst, your main goal is to improve your organization’s online performance. You can become an “action hero” by translating analysis insights into action that generates significant returns for your company. How you approach analysis is critical to your overall success.
In this book, web analytics expert Brent Dykes addresses the unique challenges facing analysts and online marketers working within small and large companies, teaching you how to move beyond reporting and toward analysis to drive action and change. Taking a principle-based rather than a tool-specific approach, Brent introduces you to the Action Hero Framework that breaks down the analysis process into three key stages: Prioritize (what to analyze), Analyze (how to analyze), and Mobilize (how to drive action). And he reinforces these topics with real-world examples and practical tips from seasoned analysts at leading companies.
- Defines the type of environment in which action heroes thrive–not just survive–as well as how to defeat the villains of web analytics that stand in the way
- Arms web professionals with a strategic framework for executing online analysis, as well as an arsenal of analysis techniques
- Reveals how companies need to be both data-driven and action-agile to drive business value from web analytics
"The ideas in this book will take you days (or even weeks) to work your way through, and they fly in the face of the emotional approach to marketing. The question is: would you rather have your competition lead the way with data and science when it comes to reaching your market, or are you going to go first? That's how it is with action heroes--no guts, no glory."
We Are All Weird
"Don't let the jaunty, breezy style of this book throw you off. Brent successfully - and entertainingly - packs years of experience into these pages along with case studies and insightful help on getting the most out of web analytics, adding value to your company and boosting your career trajectory."
Founder of eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit, author of "Social Media Metrics" and Chairman of the Digital Analytics Association
Table of Contents
Enter the Action Hero
Who Should Read This Book?
Why I Wrote This Book
Chapter 1 Wanamaker’s Quote Is Dead
Chapter 2 On the Road to Actionland
Chapter 3 The Makings of an Action Hero
Chapter 4 Prioritize for Impact
Chapter 5 Analyze for Insight
Chapter 6 Mobilize For Success
Chapter 7 Analysis in Action
Chapter 8 Ready for Action?
Other Things You Might Like
- Adobe Target Classroom in a Book
- eBook (Watermarked) $43.99
- Adobe Experience Manager Quick-Reference Guide: Web Content Management [formerly CQ]
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59
- Adobe Experience Manager: Classroom in a Book: A Guide to CQ5 for Marketing Professionals
- eBook (Watermarked) $43.99