- Processing Photos in Lightroom's Develop Module
- Jul 21, 2014
- Jan Kabili shows you how to use the intuitive controls in Lightroom’s Develop module to adjust color, tone, and composition without changing the pixels in your photographs.
- Animating Shapes with Shape Tweens in Adobe Flash Professional CC (2014 release)
- Jul 18, 2014
- You’ll start the lesson by viewing the animated logo that you’ll create as you learn about shape tweens and masks in Flash, in this chapter from Adobe Flash Professional CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release).
- Getting to Know Adobe InDesign CC (2014 release)
Kelly Kordes Anton, John Cruise
- Jun 23, 2014
- In this excerpt from Adobe InDesign CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release), Kelly Kordes Anton and John Cruise get you up to speed with Adobe InDesign CC (2014 release).
- Printing a 3D File in Adobe Photoshop CC (2014 release)
Brie Gyncild, Andrew Faulkner
- Jun 23, 2014
- This excerpt from Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2014 release) shows how you can create 3D objects in Photoshop—or import 3D objects that have been created elsewhere—and print them directly from Photoshop.
- Working with Alternate Layouts in Adobe Muse CC (2014 release)
- Jun 23, 2014
- In this excerpt from Adobe Muse CC Classroom in a Book (2014 Release), Brian Wood shows how Adobe Muse allows you to create alternate layouts for each page of your site.
- Favorite Adjustment Layers and Filters for Compositing in Adobe Photoshop
- Jun 19, 2014
- This chapter pushes deep into Bret Malley's four favorite adjustment layers (along with their subterranean features), as well as the Photoshop filters that he finds come in most handy for composite work.
- The Hidden Power of Adjustment Layers in Adobe® Photoshop®: Gradient Fill Vignette
- Jun 3, 2014
- Learn this amazingly fast and flexible vignette technique.
- Lightroom Goes Mobile
- Jun 2, 2014
- With the Lightroom 5.4 release in April 2014, Adobe introduced Lightroom mobile, a subscription service that enables two-way syncing between the desktop application and the new Lightroom for iPad. John Evans, contributor to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5: Classroom in a Book, takes Lightroom mobile for a test drive.
- The Hidden Power of Adjustment Layers in Adobe® Photoshop®: Color Correction Curves
- Jun 2, 2014
- Many times an image will need just a little color correction and not much else. While you can employ several methods to do this, using a Curves adjustment layer can be a quick solution that gives you some flexibility without overwhelming you with options.
- Making a Picture into a Puzzle in Adobe Photoshop Elements 12
. Adobe Creative Team
- May 28, 2014
- This excerpt from Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 Classroom in a Book shows you how to use the Puzzle Effect Guided Edit to turn a photo into a jigsaw puzzle.
- Martin Evening on Applying Localized Blurring with Negative Sharpening in Photoshop Lightroom 5
- May 19, 2014
- There are a number of examples of where a negative sharpening effect might come in handy. In this excerpt from The Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 5 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers, Martin Evening shows you how to apply this technique in Photoshop Lightroom 5.
- Using Qualitative Research to Inform a Customer-Centric Design
- Apr 23, 2014
- This chapter from Refining Design for Business: Using analytics, marketing, and technology to inform customer-centric design discusses several types of qualitative research and shows how they can be used to generate test ideas while providing insights that will help guide the business in an evolving marketplace.
- Sidestepping the Banana Skins: How to Avoid Common Type Mistakes in InDesign
- Apr 16, 2014
- Don't make yourself easy prey for the type pedants out there who will mock you for using an opening quote mark instead of an apostrophe. While rules are made to be broken, Nigel French, author of InDesign Type: Professional Typography with Adobe InDesign, 3rd Edition, offers ten rules of InDesign type that should (almost) never be broken.
- Working with Leading in Adobe InDesign
- Mar 10, 2014
- Nigel French discusses leading—the space between lines of type— in this excerpt from InDesign Type: Professional Typography with Adobe InDesign, 3rd Edition. Nigel talks about how much is enough, screen leading, auto leading, and consistency.
- Professional Audio Techniques for Adobe Premiere Pro
- Feb 26, 2014
- This chapter will help you start to generate great audio in your program. Because you don’t always get to work with perfect audio, this chapter also features a section on how to fix common audio problems using Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition CC. From setting up your working environment to adjusting levels to adding effects, you’ll work with audio just like the pros do.
- Photoshop CC Update: Linked Smart Objects
- Feb 21, 2014
- Photoshop educator Dan Moughamian brings you up to date on another new feature that’s part of the Photoshop 14.2 update, available to Creative Cloud subscribers. Smart Objects have always been a valuable part of the Photoshop workflow, whether you're a graphic artist or photographer. However, (embedded) Smart Objects can have a downside in that they can substantially increase the file size of your documents. Dan shows you how Smart Objects just got smarter, allowing images to be linked to one another rather than being embedded, providing several advantages.
- Photoshop CC Update: Perspective Warp
- Feb 7, 2014
- Photoshop instructor Dan Moughamian walks you through the Perspective Warp command, the latest addition to Photoshop's arsenal of image transformation tools. Rather than being focused solely on image correction tasks (such as straightening lines), Perspective Warp also allows you to make subtle changes to the camera's viewpoint. This innovation, as well as other new features and JDI enhancements, are available as part of the Photoshop 14.2 update on Creative Cloud.
- Top 10 New Features in Adobe Illustrator CC 17.1 (January 2014)
- Feb 5, 2014
- Brian Wood, contributor to Adobe Illustrator CC Classroom in a Book, loves the handy new (and often long-awaited) features in Illustrator Creative Cloud (CC).
- Real World Print Production with Adobe Creative Cloud: Preparing Raster Images
- Jan 28, 2014
- Claudia McCue tells you everything you need to know to prepare raster images, including imaging software, resolution, scanning, cropping, and appropriate image formats for print.
- Calling All Typomaniacs: An Interview with Erik Spiekermann on Typography, Helvetica, and Design Manifestos
Peachpit Press, Erik Spiekermann
- Jan 8, 2014
- Erik Spiekermann patiently answers our questions on Helvetica, bicycles, his favorite typeface, the third edition of Stop Stealing Sheep, the TYPO Conference, design manifestos, not doing pitches, and the asshole rule.